Sooo...... whatcha workin on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo...... whatcha workin on?

It's been pretty quiet around here so I figure you all are either busy powwowing it up or beading like mad... so what is it you guys are working on?

Me.. I got a couple projects going but in the middle of it I'm working on beading a velvet teddy bear.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

I am working on a pair of hair ties for a friend of mine followed by a choker and a pair of earrings. After that I would like to finish my check book cover that I started a month ago for myself. After that I have another choker to make and a pair of side flaps for my cousin. In between that time I need to make a shawl for my aunt who wants one for her birthday. There is more that I need to do for my kids and my husband before next season but that can wait for a little bit. But that's all :-) he he

Comment

Fans are on my list as far as the old eyes can see right now. I'm actually ready for a little break from fans...
      Randy

Comment

I'm working on the yoke of a buckskin dress, a pipe bag, and a fan handle.

Comment

Been working on getting this one to sleep! Ah, he is going to be 2 in two weeks!!!!
          Attached Files
          I didn't do it, honestly. I have burned all the proof.

Comment

I have a variety of beading projects going on... most for my regalia. Other than beading, I've been updating my website and building a database.
            "Liberty is the one thing you can't have unless you give it to others."
            ~ Wm A White

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
            some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
            some have weird names, & all different colors,
            but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon

Comment

well, i'm working on acouple of things. 2 aprons, a vest, and mocs.

Comment

Aww... I'd be rocking that one all night.. he's so dang cute!
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MissTlingitAchievement
                  Been working on getting this one to sleep! Ah, he is going to be 2 in two weeks!!!!

How SWEET!!! And I can' believe he's already gonna be 2!! How the time flies!

Oh, and I'm gonna start my hummingbird hair ties soon, along with finishing up some other projects.
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by MissTlingitAchievement
                    Cute pic! :)

I just finished an apron for myself and a set of leggings for my daughter. Should finish a set of hairties for her tonight. Reworked a pair of arm bustles last night as well.

About to start mocs and a cape for my daughter as well. Hoping to have her entire new fancy shawl set done by mid-September including headband, barette and choker/drop combo.
                    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Working on a shawl for me; beading a necklace, some sewing...why are we always doing everything at once?

Comment

finishin up my new set and workin on mah hubbys cuffs, he wants me to start his vest but no go on that 1.
                        Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

My hubby's new grass beadwork, just finished his moc's. Also, working on my baby daughters (22 months old) fancy regalia. I just have to finish the backgound on her stuff and she will be ready to dance.
                          I wonder why I never seem to have time to make myself something, what I really need to do is repair some loose beads and such on my own outfit. Ahh, never enough time.
                          Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"I found I could say things with my beads that I couldn't say any other way....things I had no words for" - Eva McAdams Eastern Shoshone

Comment

I hear you there CQ.... I'm always waiting too long to make repairs on my own beadwork 'cause I'm off doing so many other things. I had a bunch of beadwork to catch up on so I've been enjoying a lull in other activities to get more beading done.

Fortunately, I'm the only one in regalia in my household.... my daughter lives clear across the country and my hubby doesn't dance (so I dance for his honor).

I can suggest that you "make" time ....
                            *LOL as if only we had more time to do all the things we really wanted to get done huh?... that's the story of my life ...*
                            "Liberty is the one thing you can't have unless you give it to others."
                            ~ Wm A White

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
                            some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
                            some have weird names, & all different colors,
                            but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDeer
                              I hear you there CQ.... I'm always waiting too long to make repairs on my own beadwork 'cause I'm off doing so many other things. I had a bunch of beadwork to catch up on so I've been enjoying a lull in other activities to get more beading done.

Fortunately, I'm the only one in regalia in my household.... my daughter lives clear across the country and my hubby doesn't dance (so I dance for his honor).

I can suggest that you "make" time ....
                              *LOL as if only we had more time to do all the things we really wanted to get done huh?... that's the story of my life ...*

I'm sure your husband is proud that you honor him by dancing. Its nice to hear that some still understand the meaning of "honor" and what a privledge it is when we dance for those that cannot.

I wish I had a minnie me.....and she could bead like crazy and make me some new regalia. I would like her to also make dinner everynight and clean the house so I could bead something too!*LOL

anyway back to reality............sd
                              Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"I found I could say things with my beads that I couldn't say any other way....things I had no words for" - Eva McAdams Eastern Shoshone

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.