No announcement yet.

Sooo...... whatcha workin on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naaaaaaaaa...... i think the scientific term is 'cellular memory' and i dont mean that extra card i had to buy to put music on my phone. theres a theory that says we are all made up of the same 'building blocks' that made our parents. they are made up of the same building blocks that made their parents and so-on and so-on and so-on. the theory says the cells have a memory and that those memories are carried down from generation to generation. its supposed to explain how some people are just good at things without having been trained.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• I think my Mom would agree with you there.
      The Creator made the feathers.....
      I just make fans.

Comment

• Speaking of red and black, and black and white cockatoo feathers. Did you see this? Man I think the feathers on this fan are pretty cool, but the price...is a little much for me.

mixed cockatoo peyote fan - (eBay item 280166834183 end time Oct-28-07 15:44:13 PDT)
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

• I get my inspiration from everywhere too besides the family design thats been handed down.

I just started on my new mocassins last night since my shoulder pieces are all done now.

Comment

• Originally posted by spottedeagle View Post
            Speaking of red and black, and black and white cockatoo feathers. Did you see this? Man I think the feathers on this fan are pretty cool, but the price...is a little much for me.

mixed cockatoo peyote fan - (eBay item 280166834183 end time Oct-28-07 15:44:13 PDT)

That fan is just beautiful! Its just a little to pricey for me too.

Comment

• denman you can make me a fan anytime!!
              Very nice!

Comment

• Seriously, thanks for the compliment. I've seen some of your work here, comments and tutorials so your opinion counts for me.
                Have a nice day,
                J.Denman
                The Creator made the feathers.....
                I just make fans.

Comment

• right now i just finished all my accessoriez. mah purse n hairties n stuff...haha now ive just got 1/2 of the front part of my cape. then im done!! still have ta figure out how ima do mah sawl...but i cand do that up friday night at the powwow...lol....hopefully ill b able to bring this shizz out at chicago powwow this year!

Comment

• This was a special request. I have no experience in photographing this sort of thing, so quality of picture is marginal. Loomed strips, #11 czech about 30" long.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Donna_in_KC; 11-04-2007, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Nice work Donna. A few tips on photgraphing. Natural sunlight always makes beadwork look better, plus you won't have to use a fflash. If your beadwork has lots of dark colors like yours does, try putting a light colored fabric behind your work. If you have a lot of light colors try using a contrasting color that is a medium shade, not too dark. Those are a few things I have picked lately that seems to be working for me.
                      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

• I've been putting a beaded bezel on a cherrywood burl cab. I used some topaz czech 11's, delica ab rainbow topaz, and some ming tree root beer 11's. Got that done and now I'm working on the chain for the necklace. Life has thrown me a couple of curves this week (14 year old dog died Sat., 21 yr.old son moved to London today) and I don't feel much like beading right now. I know stuff like that happens, but did it have to happen 2 days apart?
                        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.