No announcement yet.

Sooo...... whatcha workin on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well now i have all this other craziness out of my life i am going to start my daughters new outfit for crow fair. after that i'm hoping to finish some of my stuff(leggings and mocs) and make her a new beaded set. but it will probably work the other way around--i will make her stuff and work on mine later.. ..

Comment

Besides making new stuff to replace what was stolen *GRRRR* I'm trying to send someone to jail and have a civil no contact order put on them- *sigh* not much

Comment

I just finished making a bandolier for myself, going to finish beading my uprights, then i'll make a new staff and rework my fan.

Comment

working on a new set........getting close to being done(almost done w/ the cape)......can't wait to dance again.
          "Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!" ~Bob Marley~

Comment

Originally posted by Cutbead Queen
            I'm sure your husband is proud that you honor him by dancing. Its nice to hear that some still understand the meaning of "honor" and what a privledge it is when we dance for those that cannot.

I wish I had a minnie me.....and she could bead like crazy and make me some new regalia. I would like her to also make dinner everynight and clean the house so I could bead something too!*LOL

anyway back to reality............sd
            My hubby likes it that I dance for him.... he smiles when I wear his ribbons
            I bought a set special for my regalia so I won't be losing his or something, but the guy messed up on one of the ribbons, so I have to get one more, plus some devices for them.... I supposed I could bead a set.... but I've got some other things in the works right now

Most of my little beading projects are finished now so I'm planning a re-design for my stole so that's gonna be the next really big project... and since I'm getting low on the beads I did the last one with, I'll be stocking up on beads again real soon ... the last stole was with 10-11/0s and the new one will most like of 16/0s because that's what I have the most of right now... that's gonna make the pattern much more detailed, but it'll require way more beads! The big plus is that I'll be using andre's beaddesigner program.... easier than digging out my graph paper and coloring
            "Liberty is the one thing you can't have unless you give it to others."
            ~ Wm A White

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
            some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
            some have weird names, & all different colors,
            but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon

Comment

Hmmmmm...well I finished my sons brand new headband...within a week too....gosh my fingers hurt...LOL. I also finished up his new grass regalia (2 this year) and working on the 3rd. I am working on his belts soon and all the other beadword for his regalia. Plus some new moccs....

Peeps seen my work and have asked me to make their sons regalia.....*S*. I have like 10 orders on my list now. Plus I make and design traditional dine' velvateen dresses (old style) for the song n dancers. :D. I have a couple of orders for those.

Seems like all the ladies who have kids, hubbies, and families are all puttin their families work above their own. Have to hand it to them native ladies ..... Family and hubbies somehow always comes first. Kinda why my regalia hasn't even been started, always doin something for my son. Ahhhhh a woman's work is never done. LOL :D.
              You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
              [email protected]

Comment

do you have pics to share Nezbah??
                ~ Wm A White

Comment

I'm in the process of finishing up a rose medallion necklace for a 3-year old girl. It's my first attempt at beading a rose, so I'm psyched about it. I guess it's turning out okay. I wanted to make the necklace first and see how it turns out. Next, I'm going to be working a crown for her. She will be dancing for the first time in October. She's so tiny, it shouldn't take long. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

After all that, well, I told my niece to be buying new beads for her 5th set of beadwork. I just finished her 4th set within the past year, but I've got tons of designs in mind right now, so I'm anxious to begin it.
                  Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Right now i'm working on a set of hairties and then a chocker which is almost done....i'm makin a whole new set.

Comment

Yep, anybody got any pics? I need to be doing a grass dance outfit RIGHT NOW for Crow Fair, but they never brought me the stuff - special flourescent material.

I'll probably end up sewing something else at the last minute.
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDeer
                        do you have pics to share Nezbah??

LOL.....well lots.... but they are still at Walmart. :D. I"ll post them as soon as I get them back.

Which ones did you want to see? I also make some velvateen ribbon shirts.... but peeps are like....man, its too hot to buy those right now. I just laff.
                        You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
                        [email protected]

Comment

I have gotten two barrettes done in two nights and started on a third today which I might have done tonight.. when my picture editor and stuff is back in the computer, then I'll post a pic of them. :)
                          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nezbah
                            LOL.....well lots.... but they are still at Walmart. :D. I"ll post them as soon as I get them back.

Which ones did you want to see? I also make some velvateen ribbon shirts.... but peeps are like....man, its too hot to buy those right now. I just laff.
                            I'd like to see any you wish to share I'm not picky
                            ~ Wm A White

Comment

woohoo i finished my set!! pics to come :)
                              Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

lol dang you're finished and I'm just getting started! It's gonna take a while but my new set is gonna be worth it. Uhhhhhh now it's just deciding which colors. *rabid grin* I loooooooove charlottes.
                                SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.