Sooo...... whatcha workin on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackbear View Post
    It's been pretty quiet around here so I figure you all are either busy powwowing it up or beading like mad... so what is it you guys are working on?

Me.. I got a couple projects going but in the middle of it I'm working on beading a velvet teddy bear.
    Hi Blackbear, just finished my second doll.
    Attached Files
    Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light.

Comment

I did finish a beaded cape...sewed a dress/n shawl..and made two shirts and a jingle dress that took me forever to finish..and now I am workin on 2 sets of chokers<the other ones are barely hangin in there so I have no choice now but to make some new ones> and headbands...umm 2 sets of cuffs..that just need the background filled in..2 sets of the other headbands..since I lost mine and couldn't even find it anywhere...have to repair some moccs til I can start on some new ones...and I have to bead 2 breechcloths but those will prob. be jus a couple of rows on the bottom..(I hate beading on leather after I got spoiled with that crib cloth stuff)and fiinish the front part of that beaded cape...but I am beadin like crazzeee ag..so hope they will be done by oct..or first of nov..thats my deadline for myself anyways..and work is never done...seems like another project is always looming on the horizon..btw sewing n beadin n lol..
      "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Originally posted by Lakota_winyan View Post
        I did finish a beaded cape...sewed a dress/n shawl..and made two shirts and a jingle dress that took me forever to finish..and now I am workin on 2 sets of chokers<the other ones are barely hangin in there so I have no choice now but to make some new ones> and headbands...umm 2 sets of cuffs..that just need the background filled in..2 sets of the other headbands..since I lost mine and couldn't even find it anywhere...have to repair some moccs til I can start on some new ones...and I have to bead 2 breechcloths but those will prob. be jus a couple of rows on the bottom..(I hate beading on leather after I got spoiled with that crib cloth stuff)and fiinish the front part of that beaded cape...but I am beadin like crazzeee ag..so hope they will be done by oct..or first of nov..thats my deadline for myself anyways..and work is never done...seems like another project is always looming on the horizon..btw sewing n beadin n lol..
        hey there, on dem headband thingies what all do you do to make those? construction wise? I want one and few other floks have asked me to make some. The beading I can do no prob its teh construction im wondering about. Thank's
        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

That's the same thing I was wondering about too...the construction of a headband

But Boss, I am working!!......on finding my next pow-wow that is!

Comment

crib cloth to the rescue..lol..its friday..umm yeah u can use crib cloth..and cut out how you want it and measure the length..and attach rhinestones/mirrors or jus beads..then I usually use another piece of crib cloth and line that with the beaded piece and leave slots for the clips..(you can use velcro or combs, or other clips) and you can prob use broadcloth to line it..but..thats what I do with mine..OOps I hope thats the kind of headbead u were talkin bout..hahaha..guess u can use the heavy pellon too..for smaller beads..then u can edge it w/beads or just sew down the edges..time consuming I know..to do edge beads but it still makes it look soo much better..and last longer..soo hope that helps..gee got carried away..hahaha
            "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Thanks! they sound pretty simple, and I LOVE simple. IM not over beading for 3 and a half months 10 hours a day on a crown I was asked to do for a princess. So yeah I will take quick and simple anyday lol

Comment

I'm makin me a new barrett for tonight. I don't any kewl blue barretts...so I'm makin one to go out dancin tonight...HAHAHA Wish Me Luck!!!
                HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilbigwoman View Post
                  I'm makin me a new barrett for tonight. I don't any kewl blue barretts...so I'm makin one to go out dancin tonight...HAHAHA Wish Me Luck!!!
                  Woo Hoo Hope you had odles of luch wink wink. Hey you posted earlier that you were waiting to get some photos approved? where abouts are they gonna be?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                    Woo Hoo Hope you had odles of luch wink wink. Hey you posted earlier that you were waiting to get some photos approved? where abouts are they gonna be?
                    They're gonna be in the buckskin album

Comment

I started beading my dance stick. After a long break from beading, was too busy sewing. Things were going fairly well for the first inch. Then I beaded and took out the next 2 inches 3 times because either I made a mistake in the first couple rows of the design, or I didn't like the way it looked. So after the third time that portion of the design got changed. Now I've got 3" done again!!!LOL
                      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                        Thanks! they sound pretty simple, and I LOVE simple. IM not over beading for 3 and a half months 10 hours a day on a crown I was asked to do for a princess. So yeah I will take quick and simple anyday lol
                        wow sounds like you were busy...yup they are simple..lol..I was beadin earlier but the heat got to me..so I took a nap..lol..now I am at work..bummer..but I am beadin n sewin here n there ag..couple of stuff goin when I get bored with something..its on to the next one..hahaha...
                        Last edited by Lakota_winyan; 09-03-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Woo Hoo!

Well, I just zoned out today and beaded for 8 hours straight and finished up half a leggin...WOO HOO!!! Sooo, now it's break time and then back to beadin til about 11p when it's time to go pick up the co-workers from the airport...then time to go to bed, then *ugh* WORK!!! *BLAH*

Comment

Originally posted by lilbigwoman View Post
                            Well, I just zoned out today and beaded for 8 hours straight and finished up half a leggin...WOO HOO!!! Sooo, now it's break time and then back to beadin til about 11p when it's time to go pick up the co-workers from the airport...then time to go to bed, then *ugh* WORK!!! *BLAH*
                            kewl...I know I have to keep at my beadwork..prob have a little time to bead ag..tonite..and sew some more tomorrow..but I don't feel like sewin..hahaha oh well..jus gotta do it..

Comment

I know exactly what chu mean by not feeling like doing it...but I figure it's not gonna get done if ya don't do it yourself. Sooo...and plus this is an order that I ended up procrastinating on...*erg*...but it's finally seeing some progress...and I'm getting excited...WOO HOO!!! Then after that, it's gonna be a few days vacation, then starting MY NEW SET!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Comment

I have made procrastinating a professional sport!!!! Got a championship ring and trophy to prove it!!!!
                                The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                                -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.