~timeframes~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~timeframes~

could u please give me some time frames on how long it took u to do diffrent beading projects (hours / days)
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

We could and some probably will.. just keep in mind everyone works at their own pace for however long they can. While it would probably take me a month or more to complete an average length beaded belt ... Beadman whips them puppies out in week if not just days for an example.

Some of us have hours a day to work on beading , some have an hour. More experience usually means works faster unless you have things like arthritis or carpal tunnel. So if you are asking for reference for yourself... just keep in mind if you can't get it done as fast that it does'nt mean you don't do it faster than someone else who may even have more experience.... just get familiar with your own pace :)
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

well okay then could u just give me some examples of how long it took you to do diffrentt projects wit the times of day you had how fast u bead what kind of stitch; just want to know a little bit on how other people come along on their beadwork...
      When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

Comment

most of the barrettes in my gallery.. Had them done in a day or two working about 5 hours a night , more or less. The beadwork for my dancing clothes.. took 3 weeks working 6 or more hours a day. The dance sticks I beaded.. the one I did with 13's took me probably 3 weeks.. at 4 o4 5 hours a day, while the one's in 11's took me a week at the same amount of time per day
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

The fully beaded mocs I put in the craft contest (size 9 women's - lazy stitched) took me 7 days beading every waking moment that I wasn't at work.

I used to bead at work, but can't anymore.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

I did a fully beaded pair of mocs, men's 13, Extra Extra Extra Wide, with 11/o beads in 80 hours. Point of reference: I can bead 7.5+ inches of lazy stitch per hour (or at least used to, but now I gourd stitch stuff so maybe not quite that fast any more). I've beaded lots of stuff though. The fastest *I* know of anyone doing lazy stitch was 10 inches an hour (8 - 11/o beads). I'm sure there is someone even faster somewhere. But you know, you'll never get done if you don't get started and that is usually the part that takes longest.

-->Rambling
            A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

I average lazy stitch about 8 inches an hour in 13s if I am beading into canvas/fabric. About 7 inches if I am beading through leather. (Those times drop by about 2 inches if I am watching TV while beading.)

I have done a pair of Size 10 Mocs in about 2 weeks working about 4 hours per day. I have a fully beaded vest in 6 months averaging about 12 hours per week.

PS. Bear in mind that, as a guy, all inch measurements may be exaggerated... ;)
              Last edited by randyinkc; 09-23-2005, 02:00 PM.
              Randy

Comment

geeeeezzzzz.....

some of you guys are soooo quick hopefully after alot of practice and some extra time i can be as quick as you guys!!!!
                well i did a necktie bout 7in by 5in in a week just on my free time and also a lil at work size 10 beads and outlined wit rhinestones!!! but the backing took the longest any tips???

Comment

what do you mean by the backing took the longest?

Comment

on the back of my beadwork i put buckskin ON the sideS or edges where i stiched it on looks sloppy so i covered it with beads HOW DO I MAKE IT NOT LOOK SLOPPY!!!!!

Comment

I answered this in the other thread... go take a peek

Comment

I'm the slowest beader in the world. First I procrastinate about getting started, then I start do a little and put it away for days or weeks, then I get an urge and bead my @zz off for a weekend, then I put it away for a week to a month, then I beead like a mad man. I do this until I get tired of looking at a partially done project and get off my but and finish it!!!!! LOL

One positive is while I'm procrastinating I usually come up with some good ideas or figure out exactly how I want something to look. So it's all good.

The belts in my gallery took me about 4 months to bead. The rose one I worked on only on the weekends. Take out cigarette breaks, coffee breaks, talking on the puter, maybe 4-5 hours a day. LOL The eagle one I worked on nearly everyday probally 8 hours a day all summer long.

Can you tell I work when the mood strikes me and I have time between 4 kids and working? LMAO
                        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.