Edging/backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edging/backing

Could Someone Help Me With The Edging!!!!?????
    I Get What Im Beading Done And Then It Comes To The Edging And Backing!!!!!! Don Don Donnnnnnn.....
    I Have The Worst Trouble Cuz What I Do It Takes Forever (and Im Not Even Sure Im Doing That Right) The Front Looks Okay But The Back With The Stiching Is A Whole Nother Story! Could I Get Some Advise On What To Do Also To Make Mocs How To Put Together???
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

Ok not sure what you are talking about.. but I'm gonna take a guess that you mean your stitch lengths in the back are not uniform? What kind of edging are you doing?
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

the edging..... when your done beading whatever ..you know the sides, i dont know how to write it (sorry) how to make it look half way decent say a barrett or belt buckle. then the back side you have material or buckskin on the back... you know what i mean, how do u put it together with out making it look sloppy????
      When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

Comment

by making sure you space your beads correctly... if you are doing a simple three bead edging (starts with three beads and you add on two after that) then make sure there is one bead size space between the beads that sit against the edge... go through the beadwork and out the backing to help insure your thread is going in at the same distance all the way around.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Oic....

thank you thank you so does 3 beads usually how many you want to use for something simple like a barrette or hairties...??? thanx again

Comment

I think it looks better doing a three bead edging, but single beads look good also, especially if the piece is on the busy or detailed side... just do as you would do a three bead except you start with 2 beads, lay them next to each other and come out the second bead adding one bead on at a time thereafter, no spaces inbetween. Edging always takes up alot of time, just be patient and careful.

Comment

Help with Hex beads please.

HELP!!! I just started beading with Hex beads and im not getting some of them to lay rite ,I mean ill be beading rite along then one will tilt in a way that i can see part or all of the hole in the bead, I dont like it when i see that to me it looks a little sloppy am I crowding or pulling too tight? I bead all the time with seed beads and cuts in mostly size 12&13's and some 11's the Hex's are size 14. I have never had a problem with the other types or sizes of beads before.so some helpful tips would be very app.Thanks!!!!!
              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Maybe they're a little crowded. Pulling too tight usually isn't a problem.

And on the edging: Blackbear is right on the money for whatever kind on edge beading you do. Put your needle down through the front and out the backing. And if you put your needle in and go STRAIGHT DOWN you shouldn't have a problem.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thanks

Thank-you Wyo Rose for the tip,about the beads I thought they mite be a bit crowded it was not a big prolem once i figured out what I was doing I cant really see it when i look at the barrette the only place is on one of the black-tiped feathers ,but ill pay close att to the next piece I make in that set. This is another question I made a big barrette for the back of the head next im makeing a hair tie I say a because my friend wears only one braid,but my question is should i make the hairtie the same size as the barrette or a little smaller? I will be useing the same design threw out the set. any tips would be great! Oh and the person is southern and likes alot of bling!!! as do i haha.

Comment

....well then tha bigger the better! Lol..least thaz how they do it down here in tha south....hee,hee....;)

Good Luck with your beading! I know it can be frustrating at times, just stay patient with the beads, they have attitude too! lol.....looks like ur gettin some good o'pro advice here so Ima jus say BEAD ON! :)
                    ~.~ A friend is~.~

" someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"

Comment

Ooh yeah!! The bigger the better!! And a big ole choker drop too!
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thanks Tibby

Thank-you for the tips! and I agree with the bigger the better My beaded cuffs are kind of big and my Husband calls me wonder Woman cause he says that is what he thinks of when he see's them we have a big laugh about that. Now would you make a choker drop and medallion necklace or one or the other? the design im useing is a half circle with a half star in the middle and the points of the starcome out past the rounded edge & each point has a black tipped feather comming out of a smaller half star.Im saying that for a visual aid im always afraid of going overboard I did add some rinestones to the outer part of the piece. I keep looking at it saying my that would loook good on me hahaha naw I have alot of beadwork and my friend hardly has any thats why im secretly makeing her some im going to surprise her next time she is Head-lady and im thinking about makeing her a dress with matching applique .She made me a Jingle dress just because I said some day I wanted to study the Jingle ways and when she gave it to me she said here wear this when its time for you to jingle I was shocked!!!!Ive been studing about five years now so hopefully soon i can wear that awesome dress!!!

Comment

Oh duh. You said Southern huh? I dunno anything about that.
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X