Over-The-Top-Headbands!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over-The-Top-Headbands!!!!!

so I searched the craft forums and the little info I found was confusing....so here goes again

how do you make those bands that go on top of your head...like from one ear, then over the top of your head, to the other ear?

the ones I'm thinking about don't have anything that ties behind the head...so how are they made to stay in your hair.

I'm thinking maybe a barrette on each end (the little, long triangular shaped one the bend and snap inplace...like those silly Russian gymnasts wear!)

Or maybe a haircomb at each end

Or maybe the band should be attached to a whole plastic or metal hairband (the kind you put behind your ears and push into your hair to keep it out of your eyes).

Has anyone ever seen one of these things up close...or maybe someone out there wears one and can tell me how to make 'em?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

See my trading post ads
    See my photo gallery
    See walela49's myspace page

I made one for my daughter recently and was told by a friend to use velcro. Yes it hurts a little when you remove it and it messes the hair up a little but, but it works. I applied the velcro to the end of the piece where I know it will stick to the hair. Not sure what everyone is using but it works just fine for my daughter who dances jingle.

Comment

yup velco (the "male" side *lol* the side wit the plastic loops know someone who used the other side and was wonderin why it didn't stick!!) - is the best thing for this style of barrette - just position (right the first time!!) and it's there all day long. the clips and combs are too hard too position - have to snap the first side, then pull it over on the other side then sometimes it looks crooked ...
      Watch your broken dreams...
      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

I saw a jingle dress dancer who had one on. She had a thin clear stretchy piece that went around the back of the head. Kind of like a rubber band type thing. It was tiny and not noticeable at all. The only reason I saw it was cuz I saw her put her headband on.

Comment

WOW velcro... that is a good idea... i would have used 2 smaller barettes at each end or one big one if you could find it but try the velcro thing... if you dont like it you can always but a barette on it!

~Kelli
          If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I've always liked those but I'm tender headed! velcro would hurt.
            SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff
              yup velco (the "male" side *lol* the side wit the plastic loops know someone who used the other side and was wonderin why it didn't stick!!)
              LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL hahahahahahahahahaha OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA woooooooooooooooooooo HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
              SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

I made one for my niece she's a shawl dancer and I put velcro on it and even though she hates it and says it hurts it stays in!

Comment

thanks everybody!

I'm making this as part of a set for somebody who's commissioned me...but if it hurts...Idunno?

I don't wanna hurt the poor kid. LOL
                  sigpic

See my trading post ads
                  See my photo gallery

Comment

Ah.. a lil pain will tuffen them up!
                    If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I bet I know what that clear rubberband was.. they make it for beading..it's called something that sounds like flexolong.. ... it's basically a clear elastic thong on a spool like softflex wire. Pretty cheap too.
                      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

And they make clear elastic in different widths, like the kind you would use in sewing.

I would use velcro and it hurts less if you take your braides out before you take the hair piece out.
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

You could use either the velcro or the barrette like a clip on that won't show..
                          "Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse

Comment

Dang, when I saw this thread, I thought it was about outrageous headbands. Like too tall, too much bling, bling, etc.

Comment

LOL...that's how I get you to read it!

mmmwhaa ha ha (that's my evil laugh)
                              sigpic

See my trading post ads
                              See my photo gallery

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X