No announcement yet.

Over-The-Top-Headbands!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of some ladies that use velcro, and a couple that just use a buncha bobby pins here and there.
    "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

thanks for the info.....I never would have guessed....I'm all for trying...not sure if my granddaughter will agree, but it hurts only for a little bit.... right.

Comment

I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing and was looking for the answer. I'll give the velcro a try and see what happens.

Comment

Headband Edges?

How do you finish the edges of these headbands? I haven't seen one up close. What type of edge beading do you use?

Comment

I've not made one but I'm going to guess that they are edged with a one bead variation of edge beading... kinda like laying a row of brick stitch.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I figure you could do any kind of edgework you'd like...some people don't like edgebeads onthe across-the-forehead-type of headband cuz it presses into your skin and leaves a funny looking aftermark...but because these stay in the hair that wouldn't matter

so I say HAVE SUM FUN wit it!
              sigpic

See my trading post ads
              See my photo gallery
              See walela49's myspace page

Comment

im not a person who can bead, but the one that i made for my daughter had two small clip barettes at each end with two small strips of velco in the middle, so it doesnt hurt her hair when she takes it off. i didnt put any edging on the end of the headband, but sewed rhinestones all around so you cant tell there no edging on it.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.