Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thizgirlpowwows
    replied
    im not a person who can bead, but the one that i made for my daughter had two small clip barettes at each end with two small strips of velco in the middle, so it doesnt hurt her hair when she takes it off. i didnt put any edging on the end of the headband, but sewed rhinestones all around so you cant tell there no edging on it.

Leave a comment:

• walela49
    replied
    I figure you could do any kind of edgework you'd like...some people don't like edgebeads onthe across-the-forehead-type of headband cuz it presses into your skin and leaves a funny looking aftermark...but because these stay in the hair that wouldn't matter

so I say HAVE SUM FUN wit it!

Leave a comment:

• Blackbear
    replied
    I've not made one but I'm going to guess that they are edged with a one bead variation of edge beading... kinda like laying a row of brick stitch.

Leave a comment:

• beadmom
    replied
    Headband Edges?

How do you finish the edges of these headbands? I haven't seen one up close. What type of edge beading do you use?

Leave a comment:

• Choctaw44
    replied
    I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing and was looking for the answer. I'll give the velcro a try and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Yelloweyes
    replied
    thanks for the info.....I never would have guessed....I'm all for trying...not sure if my granddaughter will agree, but it hurts only for a little bit.... right.

Leave a comment:

• Dat1NdnGuy
    replied
    I know of some ladies that use velcro, and a couple that just use a buncha bobby pins here and there.

Leave a comment:

• walela49
    replied
    LOL...that's how I get you to read it!

mmmwhaa ha ha (that's my evil laugh)

Leave a comment:

• ccreek10
    replied
    Dang, when I saw this thread, I thought it was about outrageous headbands. Like too tall, too much bling, bling, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Native 1
    replied
    You could use either the velcro or the barrette like a clip on that won't show..

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    And they make clear elastic in different widths, like the kind you would use in sewing.

I would use velcro and it hurts less if you take your braides out before you take the hair piece out.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbear
    replied
    I bet I know what that clear rubberband was.. they make it for beading..it's called something that sounds like flexolong.. ... it's basically a clear elastic thong on a spool like softflex wire. Pretty cheap too.

Leave a comment:

• n8tivechick
    replied
    Ah.. a lil pain will tuffen them up!

Leave a comment:

• walela49
    replied
    thanks everybody!

I'm making this as part of a set for somebody who's commissioned me...but if it hurts...Idunno?

I don't wanna hurt the poor kid. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Ruby 2sday
    replied
    I made one for my niece she's a shawl dancer and I put velcro on it and even though she hates it and says it hurts it stays in!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.