Beadwork Applique Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork Applique Crown

I am gathering my materials for my regalia...a beaded crown and skirt...

I am Mohawk so the crown isn't as wide, only 2 inches around and the front is only 3 inches high...still, a challenge.

I am nervous about both, but the headband for powwows.com is so beautiful I am a little intimidated!

I had thought to start in the center and work my way out...freehand...but it looks like maybe I should graph my designs and work from that?

I will be beading it on felt with a buckram liner and back it with cotton.

And for the skirt...I will bead it with some interfacing for stability...

I would be grateful for any and all comments and suggestions and of course, I will send in a picture when they are done!

What style are you dressing? Are you dressing as a mohawk or what?
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Yes, I am dressing Mohawk, so the crown is much smaller...thank goodness...the band is 2 inches wide and the crown is 3 or 3 and a half. Because I am married, the feathe is at the back of the headband. I think I will put a maple leaf in the center of the front of the band, and then some vine and leaves going out to flowers along the sides, representing my Kaughnawake heritage.

The skirt is also beaded...it has a ribbon band around the edge, and then al row of white seed bead decoration...I will most likely use a vine and flower decoration I think.

Comment

check your PMs in a moment
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

It's Finished!

I have thoroughly enjoyed beading my crown. Although it is not perfect, I think it is pretty good for a beginner and I will wear it proudly!

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

I tried to upload a picture of it, but I guess it's too big...sorry!

Comment

Please go to MS Photo Editor or some other program and resize your picture. I would like very much to see it.

And congrats on finishing!
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

or you can upload it to a free site like www.photobucket.com and then clip and paste the URL to the pic here .

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X