• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spottedeagle
    FANMAKR
    • Feb 2003

What are you working on???

Just wondering what everyone is working on now. Last minute items? Or something that will take a while?
    I'm working on a belt for my wife. I'm using size 11 seed beads to make a 3 1/2" wide belt on the loom. 61 rows wide. It's the biggest piece I have done yet. Powder blue border, ivory background and the pattern is 5 color roses with 4 color leaves. Looking good so far, to bad I don't have the first rose done yet!!! As soon as I do I'll post a pic here!!
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans
  • tigger
    Pow Wow Committee
    • Jul 2000

i'm working on another fully beaded set.....right now am working on one of the side drops. already have the apron, armbands, a bag, and neck tie done. this one is yellow and black.

Comment

• powwowbum49
      Arena Director
      • Sep 2000

Porky roach orders........dusters for my son......porky roach orders........fully beaded mocs for a friends daughter.....porky roach orders......my sons ribbonwork for is straight suit......porky roach orders.....a leaning stick for a friend......porky roach orders.....deerhair rosettes.....porky roach orders.....a fan for blackbears daughter...porky roach orders.....a new fan for my wife......porky roach orders.....teaching myself silverwork....porky roach orders.....scalp feathers for my son...

Oh yeah and did I mention porky roach orders
      PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

• webscouter
        Senior Dancer
        • Apr 2002

Could you PM me the price for Porky Roaches? It doesn't look like you are busy enough.
        One vote wonder.

Comment

• webscouter
          Senior Dancer
          • Apr 2002

OH, I forgot to add, I am working on a panel belt.
          One vote wonder.

Comment

• BeadMan
            Beadworker
            • Feb 2000

I'm like spottedeagle, I'm making belts on a loom. Only I'm cranking out one every two or three days. Once I get about half a dozen I'll take a day and mount them all. Most of them are orders, some I will just sell, maybe on the next trip to OK? Wish I had time to make something for myself!

Comment

• spottedeagle
              FANMAKR
              • Feb 2003

:Scared :Shocked Beadman did you say one every day or two?????:Scared :Eyepopper :Eyepopper :Eyepopper WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Wanna do mine for me????????? I'll be lucky if I get this one done in a month!!!!!!!! Maybe I just work really slow ????? How wide do you normally make your belts. Maybe I need to learn some tricks from you!!!!!!!!!!!
              The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
              -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

• OLChemist
                Pow Wow Committee
                • May 2002

Originally posted by powwowbum49
                Porky roach orders........dusters for my son......porky roach orders........
                That is what we in the science biz might call a pattern ;)

There is the cradle, fortunately there is no baby waiting on this. They'd be in college before I'm done.

The fan, this is a semi-ethernal project. I've made myself four so far and given them away... This one is mostly beaded, just have to redo the part I ripped out because I didn't like how it looked. Got the feathers ready and everything....

Just finished a northren trad lady doll.

Need a new check book cover...

Sincerely, OLChemist (who is watching her neighbor's cat sit on the scanner and play with the buttons... and scan his butt)

Comment

• yuchgeha
                  Junior Dancer
                  • Oct 2001

I'm working on orders for beaded bolo ties, barrettes, belt buckles, moccasins, and a bracelet. Hope to get these done in the next couple of weeks so I can get back to work on my outfit.

Comment

• Czechy
                    wrapped in ribbonwork!
                    • Oct 2000

You're making me stop to think as I usually have several projects going at once. Some of it is mine and some of it is for other people. Um, okay...a fully-beaded vest, fully-beaded dress yoke, 2 ribbon shirts, an Iroquois overblouse, a pair of mocs and one belly dance outfit. That's all I can remember right now...sheesh!

Comment

• fncyshwldncr4life

Ohh let me seeeee, getting ready to do a southern buckskin that has to be done by June..and working on a seperate leggin/fully beaded purse set in 13 cuts.. Sheeeeesh. :blow:

Comment

• waleli
                        Junior Dancer
                        • Sep 2001

I'm working on :a southern buckskin, ribbonwork, shirts, thinking about what to make for Trail of Tears art show entry , 2 fan handles and stuff to take to Gathering next month (have a booth there).............

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

• saponi
                          Junior Dancer
                          • Mar 2001

Waleli, whatever you're working on I'm sure it's just beautiful.:rating10: :rating10: :rating10:
                          ~~Saponi~~

Comment

• waleli
                            Junior Dancer
                            • Sep 2001

Thank you Saponi !!!

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

• saponi
                              Junior Dancer
                              • Mar 2001

No problem! I looked at your gallery last night and your work is beautiful! Is that your full time job!!!???
                              ~~Saponi~~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.