Where do you all get your beads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you all get your beads?

I'm getting ready to start ANOTHER outfit. The last beads I bought were the Dynamites from Fire Mountain. They were ok, but they can be so varied in sizes. I'm looking to find a better place to buy better quality beads in bulk. Fire Mountain has the delicas, but the largest quantity they have is 50gm. When I'm doing leggins, cape, vest, and all the accessories, that is just way to small of a package. Please HELP!!
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and by my friend.

I buy all my beads in Kilo bulk from Crazy Crow. Do not know if they have Delicas?

Comment

shipwreck beads is worth a look
      btw, their paper catalog is better than their website
      sigpic

See my trading post ads
      See my photo gallery
      See walela49's myspace page

Comment

We discussed this fairly recently and I took some advice to go to Firemountain Gems. I am not sure you can get the quantity you want anywhere but I am going to listen closely. I recently got some Miyukes from there and they were good. I am interested as to what others have found.
        Brian

Comment

You know, I guess that's why I get all my beads in person. I ever only ordered luminas through the mail, which are always so uniform. Luv 'em.

Anyway, you probably could work out some kinda deal with a local bead store. That's what we usually do around here.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

shipwreck in olympia... its bead palace!!

Comment

I get mine from matoska. It takes awhile for them to get here some times though.
              "You can't leave footprints in the sands of time
              by sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave
              buttprints in the sands of time?"

Dance On.

Comment

I get mine from either Firemountain (bulk econo beads which work for applique but I wouldn't wanna try to loom or peyote/brick with them) or Noc Bay (Delicas). Both are quick, have reasonable prices and are good at answering questions about their products via email.

Comment

If you want larger quantities of Miyuki and Toho Delica beads.. go to the source and order them....

http://www.miyuki-beads.co.jp/english/
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                    If you want larger quantities of Miyuki and Toho Delica beads.. go to the source and order them....

http://www.miyuki-beads.co.jp/english/
                    website is "under construction" guess I'll hafta try to remember to go back and look another day.

Comment

Wow, it trips me out that you got a bad batch of Dyna Mites from FMG. That's all I loom with-because they are the most consistant in size. Usually, I find that maybe 1 out of 20 is sized bad. I've tried hanks from Shipweck beads and didn't find them suitable for looming at all. I also got those economy 1/4 lb. from FMG and they aren't that consistant size wise, either. The Ornela's from FMG are OK size wise. I'm just glad I do off loom beading too. By the way- have you seen FMG new assortability policy? Now everything is assortable-doesn't matter if you buy beads, thread, crimps, books or whatever-if you buy over so many pieces, it's now assortable. Hope this helped. Check with a place called Rings & Things on the quantity of Delicas if you want to use those. They give commercial discounts if you get a certain quantity. I think the website is www.Rings&Things.com.. They are pretty quick with delivery,too.
                      Last edited by subeeds; 10-26-2006, 10:40 PM.
                      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

[QUOTE=subeeds]Wow, it trips me out that you got a bad batch of Dyna Mites from FMG. That's all I loom with-because they are the most consistant in size. Usually, I find that maybe 1 out of 20 is sized bad. QUOTE]

I've heard from a lot of people that they normally get really uniformed dyna mites, but it seems like I'm constantly having to dig through my beads to get the size that I need. It's ok for the applique work I do, cause then if I need a smaller one to fit somewhere then I've got it, but the loom work that I did with them ended up being really odd shaped. Plus when I was using them for my lazy stich stuff, I had to constatly double check to make sure the number of beads I had wasn't going to make the hump too big or too small. It was especially noticeable to me after I looked at the work my Mom did on my brother grass stuff that she did the off the loom stitch on. She used the czechs from Crazy Crow. I would just go with them, but they really don't have the color selection I want. Since I dance Fancy shawl, i need the BRIGHT colors. Crazy Crow doesn't sell very many of those colors in the Czechs.
                        Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and by my friend.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X