Beaded bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded bracelet

My daughters have loom beaded some bracelets. Now they're wondering what to do and I don't know what to tell them. They're not sure how to finish the ends.

Can someone give me some directions I can pass on?
    ...it is what it is...

W_Rose

I am assuming you mean the warp threads of the loom work...all the girls need to do with them is tuck them under the beadwork as they sew it down to a backing. Some folks wrap some masking or medical tape around the group of threads before they fold it under the beadwork. Others like to pull them all together and tie the whole group in an overhand knot and them tuck them under. I personally usually use the tape method.

Now if you mean the ends of the bracelet instead, there are any number of ways to finish that. The ends of the backing leather can be left long enough to tie, snaps , buttons or buckles can be used. I had one friend that love to make loom beadwork on small cat collars to make bracelets. Those worked great too by the way.

Now if I haven't gotten what you are asking right...give me more info and I will try and answer better.
    PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

Well, they're not planning on a backing for the barrette. I'm not sure what kind of fasteners they have either.

The cat bracelet thing sounds kinda cool.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Ending loom bracelets

First, they need a clasp of some kind. I was on a site recently, and got what I think are the neatest closures yet. Go to www.rubysbeadwork.com and look for the free tute on the beaded ball and loop closure. I have started using those on most of my stuff. I don't back my work, so the way I finish my stuff is like this- After you figure out the clasp kind, leave enough threads loose to make/attach the clasp. I knot the threads, then weave them back into the work a few beads. then I seal the knots with clear nail polish. and that's it. Hope this was some help. Sue P.S I like the loop part of the closure because it lets you adjust the bracelet size easily.
        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH! That's just what they were looking to do.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Glad it worked. I love those closures and now don't want to use anything else on my bracelets and necklaces. Of couse, I found that site about a week after I got a bunch of different fastners in an order. I would have sent them back, but they went right into my bead cabinet. Oh well. That's the way it goes. Take care. Sue
            Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.