Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with my beading

Hi
    Im trying to make my son a beaded belt. His waist is 32inch and i want it about 5inchs up. I dont know how many rows of beads that will make. Can someone please help me...

Originally posted by Redlaker1972
    Hi
    Im trying to make my son a bead belt. His waist is 32inch and i want it about 5inchs up. I dont know how many rows of beads that will make. Can someone please help me...

it depends...what size bead are u using????
    www.myspace.com/southernx_hunnie2k5
    ~~~~~~~**^^**<<+>>**^^**~~~~~~~
    Roses are Red
    Violets der really blue
    Southern Xtreme ur much sweeter than mutton stew

You asked me whose life was more important- yours or mine and I answered "mine" ; you walked away angry not knowing that you are my life

I MY STONEY CREEK BOYZ

Comment

I havent pick out the beads yet i guess regular size. If you can help me i will get what you tell me for size i need to get to make it..

Comment

I guess I had better chime in on this one. I am assuming you are doing a loom beaded belt? If so a good way for a first time beltmaker is to start in the center and work outward. If your design comes up short you can always add something on the ends. If the design is long you can cut it short. Either way it will be in the back where it is not that visible (he's not a grass dancer is he?).

Size 10 or 11 beads is fine. I use 11 because.....well...I just do. Anything smaller would be a little taxing for a first time project this large, but it can be done.

Do I understand you that the belt is to be 5" wide? That's a bit hefty for a 32" waist, I recommend scaling back to 4", you can mount it on 5" leather if you like, but that is the max width in my opinion.

Please feel free to PM me if you'd like. I have probably made more loom beaded belts than anyone else on this board. If not, I'd sure like to meet my rival.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X