No announcement yet.

Why do we wax the thread when beading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I tried Silamide once. It is very "wiry" and a pain in the butt to use. Tangled a lot even with wax because it is so "curly". Kevlar I have also tried. The knot used with it is called the Surgeon's Knot. Kevlar is okay for bugle and other sharp-edged beads but I would not use it for anything else.

Comment

this is so crazy but I lost both of my beeswax..and there was no regular un waxed d thread so I am going to try that silamade? thread..I'll let you know how..that goes..for now I am using unwaxed thread..its a pain..but...
      "Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• muskrat_skull
        Best beading thread
        by muskrat_skull
        Hi--
        I've made non-traditional jewelry for a while now and am wanting to get into beading. I got some delicas and beading needles at Walmart (this is the only store that has this stuff nearby). I've used monofilament and plain old regular polyester/cotton thread before, and worked some with waxed...
        01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
      • Mezzobean
        Questions about using beeswax
        by Mezzobean
        I've assumed that one threads a needle then runs the needle and length of thread through the beeswax, but is that all there is to it?

Also, I've read that one should coat nymo with beeswax as well as cotton thread. Is that what you experienced beaders do?

Thanks for your...
        06-22-2005, 09:22 AM
      • Mariposa
        Adding new thread when doing peyote/brick beading
        by Mariposa
        Okay, I self taught my self how to bead..(patting myself on the head) but when I run out of thread, I have no idea how to re-thread.....hmmmm any good suggestions out there?
        01-22-2002, 01:59 PM
      • Cherokee1971
        Sinew?????
        by Cherokee1971
        as you know I am just learning how to use a beading loom well for the bracelet I made I just used regular sewing thread. I heard that you can use sinew is this right????? please let me know...
        07-11-2003, 09:08 AM
      • Mariposa
        I Broke A Thread On My Loom While Beading
        by Mariposa
        Hello friends! please help me here!:wall: i COULD JUST KICK MYSELF TOO! I made a mistake on my beaded belt and I needed to take the beads out, so i cut it, and accidently I got one of the warp threads (I think thats what you call it). I have beaded 15 inches of this "to be" 30" belt,...
        02-21-2002, 09:37 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X