Why do we wax the thread when beading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• muskrat_skull
    Best beading thread
    by muskrat_skull
    Hi--
    I've made non-traditional jewelry for a while now and am wanting to get into beading. I got some delicas and beading needles at Walmart (this is the only store that has this stuff nearby). I've used monofilament and plain old regular polyester/cotton thread before, and worked some with waxed...
    01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
  • Mezzobean
    Questions about using beeswax
    by Mezzobean
    I've assumed that one threads a needle then runs the needle and length of thread through the beeswax, but is that all there is to it?

Also, I've read that one should coat nymo with beeswax as well as cotton thread. Is that what you experienced beaders do?

Thanks for your...
    06-22-2005, 09:22 AM
  • Mariposa
    Adding new thread when doing peyote/brick beading
    by Mariposa
    Okay, I self taught my self how to bead..(patting myself on the head) but when I run out of thread, I have no idea how to re-thread.....hmmmm any good suggestions out there?
    01-22-2002, 01:59 PM
  • Cherokee1971
    Sinew?????
    by Cherokee1971
    as you know I am just learning how to use a beading loom well for the bracelet I made I just used regular sewing thread. I heard that you can use sinew is this right????? please let me know...
    07-11-2003, 09:08 AM
  • Mariposa
    I Broke A Thread On My Loom While Beading
    by Mariposa
    Hello friends! please help me here!:wall: i COULD JUST KICK MYSELF TOO! I made a mistake on my beaded belt and I needed to take the beads out, so i cut it, and accidently I got one of the warp threads (I think thats what you call it). I have beaded 15 inches of this "to be" 30" belt,...
    02-21-2002, 09:37 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X