Beaded Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded Crown

How much would you charge for a crown? They will be providing the materials and beads(size 11). I thought of $250.00 but I would appreciate some feedback on this? She wants the title on there and whatever I decide to use as background designs???
    "Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse

The last time I checked on a price of a crown the best price I got was about $550.00 but that was them suppling the beads. So I guess you could say $250-300 is far as long as there's no real fancy applique work on it then I would charge a little more.
    The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

I made one for 350.00 useing size 14 charlett's. They supplied the beads. The crown I made is in the gallery if you want to take a look, there are a few others there as well.
      I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

kinda depends on who supplies the beads .. what size beads .. your beading ability (some people do bead better than others) .. size (adult/child .. "pope" big lol or a regular sized crown) .. degree of difficulty of the design .. when they want it (i had a committe ask me a month before their pow wow for two crowns ..)
        Watch your broken dreams...
        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
          kinda depends on who supplies the beads .. what size beads .. your beading ability (some people do bead better than others) .. size (adult/child .. "pope" big lol or a regular sized crown) .. degree of difficulty of the design .. when they want it (i had a committe ask me a month before their pow wow for two crowns ..)
          wow only a month for 2 whew! I beaded about 12 -13 hr's a day for 3 and a half months, needless to say ive took a break since new years but ive got the beadin bug again lol.

Comment

It depends on size and your ability. My mom charged $200 for one, but that was over 10 years ago. I would say anywhere from $200-600, depending on the amount of work and type of beads used on the piece.

Comment

another thing I just thought of was do a search for crowns ,I think theres a site called KQ designs and they have very nice well made crowns on there but If I remember rite you have to e-mail them for prices. As said before the better the bead work & design the more you should get. Ive seen some pretty poor work and they were wanting top dollar for it.

Comment

Native 1, let me put it this way... that's what price I would charge if they were supplying everything and I'm told I need to charge more. However, since they ARE supplying everything, it really does'nt sound like a bad price to charge.

But think of it this way also. If you can get that crown done in 30 days... that's 10 dollars a day you will be paid for that work.
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear View Post
                  Native 1, let me put it this way... that's what price I would charge if they were supplying everything and I'm told I need to charge more. However, since they ARE supplying everything, it really does'nt sound like a bad price to charge.

But think of it this way also. If you can get that crown done in 30 days... that's 10 dollars a day you will be paid for that work.
                  You must be careful when making this statement. For instance, my mother is very good at her rosettes and in particular her stick barrettes. She can do a nice barrette with stick in 4-5 hours straight, while the same barrette would take me twice that amount of time. It's all dependant on the person and their experience and talent.

Comment

Thanks for all of the info. yeah I think 250-300 would be a fair price..and they didn't say a time frame. But they are supposed to come over in person so we can discuss it in person. I know some people who do loomwork and charge 250 so I thought that I would try to be fair. They said they would supply everything but I will probably use my own leather for the backing just because I know it will last alot longer. I will look in the gallery. I do bead in charlottes but I try to stay away from them..because around here the value on the size of those and the price and the amount of work you do isn't worth doing. Unless, its for a family member..so those my special occasion projects. lol..I will start will the 300 price first and then negotiate from there.
                    "Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse

Comment

oh and it isn't an adult crown its for a little girl sooo...

Comment

some people still want their little girl's crowns to be tall too.
                        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl View Post
                          some people still want their little girl's crowns to be tall too.
                          hmm that I don't know..but I don't think its gonna be really tall...lol..its for a royalty crown.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.