2 Questions -- Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions -- Help Please!

I have 2 questions and need help please.

1.) What's the best material to bead on for a buckskin dress. I should be gettin one by the end of this year.

&

2.) What are the popular designs for buckskin dresses? I was thinking about doing eagles on the dress and for the accessories also.

Much help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by NCheyGirl21; 08-11-2007, 11:57 PM. Reason: editing post

If you are only partly beading your dress, you can do one of two things...
    You can bead directly onto the dress itself. Do this before your dress is sewn together or you will be expanding your vocabulary in a direction you probably don't want it to go.
    Or,
    you can do your beadwork separately on Pellon, lap pad or some other material and then sew the completed pieces onto your dress. (Easiest method.) This method is good if you ever want to remove the beadwork and re-use it for something else.

Now, if you are wanting a fully beaded dress, I would recommend beading on duck cloth or canvas. It is cheaper than leather, more breathable, lighter in weight and less bothered by moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechy View Post
      If you are only partly beading your dress, you can do one of two things...
      You can bead directly onto the dress itself. Do this before your dress is sewn together or you will be expanding your vocabulary in a direction you probably don't want it to go.
      Or,
      you can do your beadwork separately on Pellon, lap pad or some other material and then sew the completed pieces onto your dress. (Easiest method.) This method is good if you ever want to remove the beadwork and re-use it for something else.

Now, if you are wanting a fully beaded dress, I would recommend beading on duck cloth or canvas. It is cheaper than leather, more breathable, lighter in weight and less bothered by moisture.

Thanks Czechy. I'm only doing a partialy beaded dress since i'll be dancing southern cloth. I have a bunch of white material, I think its just the cotton material though so it probably would not work, i'll have to find the pellon. Can it be found at walmart, hobby lobby, or joann fabrics?

Comment

Originally posted by NCheyGirl21 View Post
        Thanks Czechy. I'm only doing a partialy beaded dress since i'll be dancing southern cloth. I have a bunch of white material, I think its just the cotton material though so it probably would not work, i'll have to find the pellon. Can it be found at walmart, hobby lobby, or joann fabrics?
        Pellon is a good old reliable interfacing fabric, stiff but pliable. Joann will have plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by trob226 View Post
          Pellon is a good old reliable interfacing fabric, stiff but pliable. Joann will have plenty.

OK thank you! I'll have to make a stop over there then since its only 10 minutes from my house.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X