Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does everyone order their beads from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does everyone order their beads from?

I am looking for some sites to order beads from. Does anyone know of any? THANKS!
    Ashley

Please VOTE FOR my contest picture. Under Patriotic category.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...=20389&cat=582

Shipwreck Beads - The World's Largest Selection of Beads!

Otherwise I buy on the pow-wow trail from Cara Purdy or these people from Cali
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Shipwreck Beads out of Washington State...Shipwreck Beads - The World's Largest Selection of Beads!

I hate ordering beads because i like to see all the colors upclose...haha...but shipwreck does a good job of making sure that you get what you want and at a reasonable price....they also have sales that are great to buy in bulk...the main store is AMAZING if you ever in that area!

Cara Purdy here in Oklahoma is nice to work with too..she has a lot of tri cuts and rhinestones :: Fancy Dancer Leather Designs :: is the web addy on her card...or email [email protected]
      ~.~ A friend is~.~

" someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"

Comment

Ship wreck is a good one but another great one is Firemountaingems.com they have colors that shipwreck don't like awesome shades of purple. And they are perfectly uniform.
        The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

ordering beads

l do lot of small /medium projects and i really like to order from NocBay.com --they get your order out pretty quickly, also like to oder from firemountaingems they are good for large quantity of beads. Just puttin' in my two cents for the day :)

Comment

Wholesale Beads and Jewelry Making Supplies - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads, in Oregon

Comment

Fire mountain beads and gems is the best if you need bulk beads for a breastplate, bone elk teeth, delicas and more. They ship out your order so fast and have a big selection of colors.
              Sometimes dreams are wiser than waking.
              -Black Elk

Comment

Ok. I don't understand how much is in a hank or a tube. Can someone give me a rough guess? I am also looking for someone to help me with my beadwork. I am having problems!
                Ashley

Please VOTE FOR my contest picture. Under Patriotic category.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...=20389&cat=582

Comment

There is like 3600 beads in a hank, 1600 in a 7.5 gram pkg. Firemountain sells in 7.5 g pkg, just so you'll know. As far as your bead questions go just the craft forum first you will probable find your answers there.
                  The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

I also shop at Fire Mountain Gems. For my wampum and horn hair-pipe I hit eBay.
                    J.L. Benet

Comment

I've bought from Crazy Crow, but I also got some really nice seed beads from Supernaw's - they had them listed on eBay.

Otherwise, I've gotten some pretty good rocailles from Wal-Mart, believe it or not, but I wouldn't want to do that for any big projects.

Comment

I'm a Firemountain person, too. Have them send it priority mail and you will have it in unbelievable time. Most places have something in the seed bead section that will tell you how many beads are in the package size you want.
                        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Last edited by J.L. Benet; 08-26-2007, 11:49 PM. Reason: Douple post due to computer hiccup.
                          J.L. Benet

Comment

Don't forget brick-and-mortars like JoAnn's or Michael's. I have found some very cool stuff there as well. They also have the basic stuff you need for any type of beading; like Thread Heaven, synthetic sinew, Nymo, and beading needles.
                            J.L. Benet

Comment

Yeah, Wal-Mart does have some nice things, but not a real big selection. I found this gorgous dragonfly pendant in there that I'm going to use for a necklace when I get some more beads. But a good place for gemstone beads like agate, jasper(they have a lot of different jasper) jade and the like is Lima Beads has Gemstone Beads, Freshwater Pearls, and CZ!. I think they are out of Mich. and I usually get my stuff in like two days.
                              Be beautiful, be proud.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X