Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does everyone order their beads from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subeeds
    replied
    I recently stumbled across a place I have seen other beaders post about with good reviews. It's Beads and Beading - Swarovski Crystal Beads - Artbeads.com.. They have good prices on Delicas and Tohos and free shipping!!.

Leave a comment:

• spottedeagle
    replied
    I have used crazy crow, noc bay, ship wreck, fire mountain gems, and buffalo chips for on line ordering. We also just got a new bead store in the town next ours YEA!!!! I have also bought hairpipe from Moscow hide and fur. I really haven't had too many problems with any of these companies. I know for a fact nocbay and shipwreck will both go out of their way to ensure the colors match as closely as possible. I have even sent them 10 beads of a color and they sent me my order. The colors were so close I could only see a difference with a magnifiying glass. Not bad considering I got the beads from 2 different places and 3 years apart. (If you don't know...there are dye lots for beads, always try to get all your beads from a project from the same dye lot)

Leave a comment:

• veritasxl
    replied
    Beads

I buy on the PW trail in basic colors or if I see something special, I'll buy as much as I can if the Vendor has a track record, so if I need more I can get it.

Leave a comment:

• veritasxl
    replied
    I started with Crazy Crow, then went to Matsoka in L.A. they have great old time beads, & cut gass. They send your stuff right away and know our culture. Haven't found a place here in Burque, but I'm going to check out a place in Gallup when my auntie (a Kiowa shawl maker) buys her stuff. If any one knows of a place in Albuquerque, please let me know.

V

Leave a comment:

• NCheyGirl21
    replied
    Fire Mountain Gems or NocBay. I have ordered from nocbay but I haven't with fire mountain yet. This year I just been buying my beads from the pow wow trail.

Leave a comment:

• J.L. Benet
    replied
    Originally posted by MixedIndian View Post
    Does anybody still have Frank's Nursery and Crafts around? Mine went out some years ago.
    The entire Frank's chain went out of business in 2004.

Leave a comment:

• MixedIndian
    replied
    Originally posted by J.L. Benet View Post
    Don't forget brick-and-mortars like JoAnn's or Michael's. I have found some very cool stuff there as well. They also have the basic stuff you need for any type of beading; like Thread Heaven, synthetic sinew, Nymo, and beading needles.
    My JoAnn's kinda sucks but Michael's is good too. Does anybody still have Frank's Nursery and Crafts around? Mine went out some years ago.

Leave a comment:

• MixedIndian
    replied
    Yeah, Wal-Mart does have some nice things, but not a real big selection. I found this gorgous dragonfly pendant in there that I'm going to use for a necklace when I get some more beads. But a good place for gemstone beads like agate, jasper(they have a lot of different jasper) jade and the like is Lima Beads has Gemstone Beads, Freshwater Pearls, and CZ!. I think they are out of Mich. and I usually get my stuff in like two days.

Leave a comment:

• J.L. Benet
    replied
    Don't forget brick-and-mortars like JoAnn's or Michael's. I have found some very cool stuff there as well. They also have the basic stuff you need for any type of beading; like Thread Heaven, synthetic sinew, Nymo, and beading needles.

Leave a comment:

• J.L. Benet
    replied
    Last edited by J.L. Benet; 08-26-2007, 11:49 PM. Reason: Douple post due to computer hiccup.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    I'm a Firemountain person, too. Have them send it priority mail and you will have it in unbelievable time. Most places have something in the seed bead section that will tell you how many beads are in the package size you want.

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    I've bought from Crazy Crow, but I also got some really nice seed beads from Supernaw's - they had them listed on eBay.

Otherwise, I've gotten some pretty good rocailles from Wal-Mart, believe it or not, but I wouldn't want to do that for any big projects.

Leave a comment:

• J.L. Benet
    replied
    I also shop at Fire Mountain Gems. For my wampum and horn hair-pipe I hit eBay.

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    There is like 3600 beads in a hank, 1600 in a 7.5 gram pkg. Firemountain sells in 7.5 g pkg, just so you'll know. As far as your bead questions go just the craft forum first you will probable find your answers there.

Leave a comment:

• shay8317
    replied
    Ok. I don't understand how much is in a hank or a tube. Can someone give me a rough guess? I am also looking for someone to help me with my beadwork. I am having problems!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X