Spaces That Can Hold a Parked Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaces That Can Hold a Parked Car

so i responded to my own thread with a question about this, but i figured i'd just start a new one. Using the advice on backing techniques, I made a stick barette cover with a three colored eight pointed star on it. What went wrong? The spaces in the beads at the points of the star were big enough to park a car in. Not necessarily the space in the beads on the string, but the spaces between the ends of the rows. It was angular work, so i guess that played into it, but any advice on how to lay the beads to prevent this?

got any pix? im kinda sick today ... cant picture what you are writing ... LOL
    Watch your broken dreams...
    Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Well....I used to fill all my spaces with the super skinny beads, odd shaped beads, whatever would fit. But looking back now, it looks kinda sloppy and would look better with just spaces.

You could plan ahead and color your substrate (what you're beading on) the same color as the beads over it - works better with just background instead of design - then your spaces won't be noticeable.

13 Charlottes are so small anyway, I'm doubting you could park much in there. It's probably just noticeable to you - up close - and probably nobody else would even think much about it.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

yeah .. the beader usually sees any spaces as big as a house ... i know i do LOL other ppl dont even notice em
        Watch your broken dreams...
        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X