Mini Crown's for roach's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Crown's for roach's ??

I was wondering if I could get some info on how to make one of these?? Thanx!!!!!!
    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

you got a picture of one? I can't figure out what you are asking about

Comment

Oh im sorry, I calld them that cause thats what I heard them refered to as lol.. Ive seen some Mens Tradish dancers with them it is worn at the front of the roach and comes up like a lil crown.. Ive been askd several times to make one, and have no clue how to go about it, Im no stranger to beading ,just have no clue how to make those..

oh I dont have a pic, but ive seen dancers in the gallery here wearing one.

Comment

Ok, I know what you are talkin about now, I have only seen one ever though, no idea about how to make 'em

Comment

I don't know either.
          How are they attached to the front of the roach?
          That might give a clue on how to make them.

Comment

I kinda wondered if it was all one piece, meaning the mini crown and the spreader

Comment

well i couldnt find a pic, but i seen one in the galleries here in pws.com. i know what you are talking about. the closest i got is a video. the tradish dancer on the right in yellow bead work has one close to what you are talking about. hope it helps. i tried searching th gallery but i gave up, i'm lazy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cghKtzRwaBo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cghKtzRwaBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
              RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

i found one on this dude. its smaller and on the base of the roach.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...php?photo=7193

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
                RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

I remember quiet a while ago we had a discussion on these in the Tradish Forum. I can't remember if anyone told how to make them or not, but it is worth a shot.

Just guessing I would say it would be made similar to a visor, in the fact that you would have a tab of leather that sits under the roach, that the roach braid or ties goes through, then the crown and beadwork comes out the front. So the piece would be like a crown with a bottom. I really hope I didn't confuse the heck outta you.
                  The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                  -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Originally posted by stillrezin View Post
                    i found one on this dude. its smaller and on the base of the roach.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...php?photo=7193
                    Ya rezzy thats one thank-you for finding a pic.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by spottedeagle View Post
                      I remember quiet a while ago we had a discussion on these in the Tradish Forum. I can't remember if anyone told how to make them or not, but it is worth a shot.

Just guessing I would say it would be made similar to a visor, in the fact that you would have a tab of leather that sits under the roach, that the roach braid or ties goes through, then the crown and beadwork comes out the front. So the piece would be like a crown with a bottom. I really hope I didn't confuse the heck outta you.
                      Thank-You Spot I will check it out :)

Comment

I think I remember someone saying that they sewed the crown thingy to the base of the roach itself, attaching it only at each end.

Comment

That sounds a whole lot easier than the way I was thinking...

So with that thought its basicly constructed like a barret without the hair clip part?? Does that make sence?

Good-Morning Czechy!!!

Comment

You might be able to bootleg it on a tiera base, mabye wrapped in sinew and get a stiff form for main section. But thats just what hit me when i read posts and saw pic. Since that would be similar positioning and would sit well around roach top.

Maybe even get an old ball cap or visor and tear bill off front, Cut in shape yah want, Coat in fabric or hide and Bead on that for main form

Brainstorming

I bet you could manuver it into something quite spectacular plumes :)

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Asmajol View Post
                              You might be able to bootleg it on a tiera base, mabye wrapped in sinew and get a stiff form for main section. But thats just what hit me when i read posts and saw pic. Since that would be similar positioning and would sit well around roach top.

Maybe even get an old ball cap or visor and tear bill off front, Cut in shape yah want, Coat in fabric or hide and Bead on that for main form

Brainstorming

I bet you could manuver it into something quite spectacular plumes :)

Keep us posted!

Good ideas! Thank-You for the kind words :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X