No announcement yet.

Mini Crown's for roach's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey plumes! You remember the horseshoe headbands for hair that were bare wire, that you can get at any buck store? The ones that now come covered in cloth too??
    Well take one of those and lay it flat and bead the crown upwards on it, you can take a fine piece of craft wire and attach that while beading to the top row, as a stiffener, with the thread covering it it will be hidden too! Once shaped it will stay that way too!
    Once done it can be attached easily to any roach, doesn't have to be custom that way!!!
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
      I was wondering if I could get some info on how to make one of these?? Thanx!!!!!!
      Eagle Plumes I'v made them for my grass dancer. There is one posted in my gallery. I used a shoulder pad to create the curve of the pattern for the beaded part. I firmed it up just like a barrett. I used craft foam on one and coffee can lid on another. Worked great. If you cut the base to fit the roach and then attach the crown then there is a nice outward curve. (meaning it just doesnt stand straight up for those that like their roaches to lay a little outward.) K
      The trouble with life is there's no background music!!!

Comment

Hey Plumes,
        I found the picture that CharlieMom posted. Here it is.....
        Crown for Men's Roach - Pow Wow Photo Gallery - PowWows.com
        Very nice job, CharlieMom!!
        I've got a question, too.................is that already attached to the roach base or is it a peice shaped like the roach base that slips in under the roach?

Comment

Looks really cool! Good luck with your project, EP. Is that for one of your boys?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
            Looks really cool! Good luck with your project, EP. Is that for one of your boys?
            Ive been ask soo many times for them and have had to say no due to not knowing how to make them
            but my oldset wants one now lol..
            I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charliemom View Post
              Eagle Plumes I'v made them for my grass dancer. There is one posted in my gallery. I used a shoulder pad to create the curve of the pattern for the beaded part. I firmed it up just like a barrett. I used craft foam on one and coffee can lid on another. Worked great. If you cut the base to fit the roach and then attach the crown then there is a nice outward curve. (meaning it just doesnt stand straight up for those that like their roaches to lay a little outward.) K
              Thanks!! so you traced a shoulder pad? OK so by sewing it tot he base is how it keeps its round shape? I have lots of that plastic canvas can I use that in the middle? thast what I use in my barettes..
              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                Thanks!! so you traced a shoulder pad? OK so by sewing it tot he base is how it keeps its round shape? I have lots of that plastic canvas can I use that in the middle? thast what I use in my barettes..
                That should work. Sewing it to the round base keeps the curve laying just so that the crown has a nice outward curve to it. If you cut a template out of old jeans and give it a try then you can measure the fit to the roach.
                I made mine about 1/4 inch larger then the roach spreader to account for the roach and deer hair of the roach. I sewed the crown to the base on the outside of the circular base. This doesn't have to be stiff. You should make it out of some kinda material that isn't slick and can hold up to hair gel and hair spray. I used commercial leather. This also kept the roach and crown from slipping to either side.
                I also put in 2 sets of holes because the holes were different on my 2 son's roaches. Different roach makers I guess.
                The trouble with life is there's no background music!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X