Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• length of time

Quick question here for experienced beaders,

how much time does it take to bead a pair of leggins, whether straight or lazy stitch? I have a full time demanding job, but wonder if I can accomplish a new pair for summer...
    mission possible or...?
    just hangin'

I don't know how long it will take you personally, but an experienced beader can get a pair of leggings done by summer. I assume you mean a fully beaded pair of womens leggings. During the school year when my daughter's were graduating I was able to make 2 sets of beaded leggings, a belt, 2 pairs of hairties, 2 big barrettes and 2 fully beaded mocs. I beaded every waking hour though and even on my lunch hour.

I would say, GO FOR IT! Get started and maybe you'll have time to make some other matching items as well by summer.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Its certainly doable. Bead whenever you can. You will be surprised how much 20 or 30-minute increments of work can add up. I made a fully beaded dress yoke this way.

Comment

my son's apron took me a month and it's about the size of a Woman's legging, however I was working nights so I beaded at work to stay awake. Now that I'm back home with the kids I bead a bit when I walk past my sewing table (sometimes I get an hour, sometimes 2 or 3 minutes, but it adds up quick enough. My sewing table is by the kitchen & laundry. I go to the kitchen and laundry a lot. You'll have time. If you got kids who are old enough get them to do supper a few times a week while you bead. Of course if you got younger kids this will be the worst time of day to bead. I bead at night when everyone is sleeping also. I don'i grt s ;ot of sleep that way, but it' worth it in the end

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement - it's been so long since I've made leggings! I've begun to bead them - I'll post a pic when they're done. When I think it's impossible, I'll remember your words - Thanks again!:)
          -D
          just hangin'

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X