3 drop peyote stitch around rattle handle- starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 drop peyote stitch around rattle handle- starting

Hi Everyone! Im new to this site. Everyone is probably sick of answering questions about peyote stitch, but heres one more, if anyone is feeling extra helpful!

I did a nice bunch of 3 drop peyote stitch around a pipe stem I made about 10 years ago, but now im trying to do the same, 3 drop stitch around a gourd rattle handle I just made, and...
    1) I cant remember how I started out (10 years is too long!)
    2) No longer have the instruction book I probably used (I didnt have the internet then!)
    3) I can only find one decent graphic instruction by googling, and when I follow it, something seems not quite right after I get my third row of beads laid down.

my question:

3o beads make a complete loop around the handle, so I drop ten and wrap the remaining twenty around the handle.

I pass the needle through the first bead, then pick up # 21, skip #2 and pass the needle through bead #3. I follow this around until I reach the starting point again.... then what?

The instruction I am following says I then need to go back through the first bead AND another bead from the second row before starting the third row, and that I will need to "remember to go through two beads before starting each new row" but when I do that, things start looking funky.

Can anyone analyze my situation (3-drop peyote stitch, it takes 30 beads to go around the handle) and try to explain how to start the first row(s)?

I would be so grateful. Im getting a little frustrated and sad that I cant figure this out, even after having done it before. You can scroll down to see the pipestem beadwork I had done before, and the rattle im currently (trying!) to do by going to www.findermaker.blogspot.com

Thankyou!!!!

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X