Barrettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrettes

Hello, I'm making a barrette, applique-style....do i need to use bias tape around the edges, so the canvas doesnt taper? Or how do i make sure the beading around the edges dont come undone?

I meant to say "fray", not taper

Comment

Originally posted by Nermal Cat View Post
      Hello, I'm making a barrette, applique-style....do i need to use bias tape around the edges, so the canvas doesnt taper? Or how do i make sure the beading around the edges dont come undone?
      noc bay .com---trading post has LEARNING CIRCLE--printable directions that will show you how to do tons of things hope this helps Shadow

Comment

Fray check works great also. You can find them at Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

Comment

YES!!!! Bias tape NOW, BEFORE you start beading!!

Just using fray check won't stop your stitches from pulling out.

You can back your canvas with paper (this is the only time I advocate using glue - a thin coat), then trim it up to finished size and edge with bias tape - hand sew please cuz using the machine makes a "dent".
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

I've never used canvas for beading... I always use this stiff felt like material.. its kinda papery but thicker and stiff but flexible too... works great
            sigpic

Comment

It's probably Pelon interfacing. I just bought a yard for like a buck or two at Wally World.
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                It's probably Pelon interfacing. I just bought a yard for like a buck or two at Wally World.
                nope, its not Pelon... I've bought some of that before too and didnt care for it...this is thinner than Pelon and stiffer
                sigpic

Comment

Depends

How I learned is it depends on how you're finishing the edge. If you're rolled edge beading then an easy way is to use that fabric tape stuff used to tape gauze pads to wounds then rolled edge bead over that. If it's just an edge bead then you can use fray check or thinned glue.

Comment

Yeah, it always depends....like on how much time and effort you're putting into as well ... how long you'd like it to last...how much wear or strain it might undergo...how far behind schedule you are...
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X