• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightningflash
    replied
    online source for rhinestone banding

I get all my rhinestone banding from eJoyce.com:

welcom to eJoyce.com

These are the high-quality Swarovski rhinestones, and you can get them in different finishes with different colors of embedded-thread, etc. And, they give discount for bulk purchases in 10-yard cards. I mainly use the Crystal AB finish with clear thread

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Ah ok..

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Yes, I will post it along with a link to the auction. For once, I'm beading something strictly for sale. We're remodeling my gma's old house and really need the extra money.

I was planning the beaded set along with mocs and leggings and a matching jingle dress. But after seeing how much some nicer beaded sets are going for...I'll just sell the set with the option for the other matching items.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Wyo, please post a pic when your ready.. your work is sooo pretty!

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    I thought it would make a nice straight line for the beads to follow, but now that I'm starting, I see the beads make a better line for the rhinestones to follow.

Mine was obtained at a powwow too, for $10/yard. It was getting dark and they were dazzling, so I bought the one that was sparkling the bestest. Now I'm designing the outfit around it. Just wish I bought another yard.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    it all depends on how it is incorporated into the design for me... if mine is edging i do it last but if its like in the middle of the design i put it on first. alsoi glue mine first with embellishing glue...from joannas i think... then i sew it. it doesnt dry hard so the needle goes right through.

Leave a comment:

• itsmebadoink
    replied
    I sew my stones on first and after I"m done beading then I glue the first and last stone. I learned the hard way, I was told to glue first and broke many needles.
    I buy my stones on line, last time I bought them on line the company gave me a bunch of yards for free for ordering from them and I got them 2 days later after I put in my order.

Leave a comment:

• Lakota_winyan
    replied
    I don't know about online prices but I got a yd at a pw this past weekend for 10.00 which I thought was a decent price for it...i only buy enough for what I need..its kinda expensive.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingWaterWI
    replied
    I was wondering who has the most decent prices

I am looking to stock up on my beading supplies I never have enough lol. Is there a place online that has reasonable prices. I have not bought anything in a long time I have my own stuff and when my mom passed I inherited all her stuff But I dont really want to use her stuff right now. I now prices have sky rocketed I am almost afraid to look. at what a hank costs.

Leave a comment:

• Lakota_winyan
    replied
    If I am gonna use it as edging then it would go on last but if I use it in the middle of the design then it goes first..easier that way..glue it down first n then tack it down every other rhinestone...

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Hmmm...I'll have to try it both ways.

Leave a comment:

• cherokeemom06
    replied
    I sew mine on first but that's just me. Regardless whether it is on the inside of a design or outside as a border, I do it first. But then again, I always do my border first whether it is beads or rhinestones, that's just how I was taught to bead. I think you can do it either way. If it's straight lines, before or after would be about the same. On the curvier, detailed stuff, I would think it would be easier before because you never know quite how it will lay. Hope this helps out some.

Leave a comment:

• ballin_n_shawlin
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Well, I finally took the plunge and bought 2 yards of the rhinestone banding to make some beaded sets with the usual barrettes, hair ties, choker, etc...

Do you sew the banding on first or last? I was thinking first so you have nice straight lines, but now that I look at it, I am thinking maybe put it on last??

I used it to line my sons head band for his fancy dance out fit.. and i sewed it on last as an edging.. it turned out nice... straight lines.. (but it was also an after thought) i put it on after i decided his headbanded needed to bling...

i never thought about putting it on first... (maybe if it was on the inside of a design instead of as a border like i did) good luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    started a topic Rhinestone banding

Rhinestone banding

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought 2 yards of the rhinestone banding to make some beaded sets with the usual barrettes, hair ties, choker, etc...

Do you sew the banding on first or last? I was thinking first so you have nice straight lines, but now that I look at it, I am thinking maybe put it on last??

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.