X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeadinGranny
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Do you ever mix some seed beads in with your cut beads on a project?

I do with my size 10/11 cuz it's so hard to find the cuts around here without paying $8 a hank.

But now all I can find is some blue, dark blue and green size 10. And I searched EVERYWHERE! (except my trunk)

So I'm wondering I should shell out some mega bucks for a few more colors, or just use them for a background where the cuts will be noticeable.

(And if anyone finds a Nike shoe box with some pink, purple, red and white cuts I'll be eternally grateful)
    Do you include charlottes when you say cuts? Because Baker Bay has three pages of colors of them and they're $5.50 a hank. You may get an online discount or a quantity discount in addition to that. I didn't really look when I went to get you the page. These people are excellent to deal with so I heartily recommend them. Luckily, they're in my area where I can actually go there, too, so I'm a happy camper. Great quality of beads, too.

Oh and they're size 11's.

Here's the link to the first page of charlottes and then at the bottom right are links to the next two pages:

Online Catalog - 11/0 Charlotte Cut page 1

Leave a comment:

• Lakota_winyan
    replied
    yep I have too...but I do prefer to use the seed beads for background and then maybe the designs with cuts..usually size 9...don't use the smaller ones unless its headbands, or bracelets, earrings..something small...I think it works well...I know what you mean about the cuts...did you look online for cuts there are some good prices...at some stores..not all...been searching for a irredescent sp? yellow or gold..can't find it anywhere..and I can't remember where I bought it from..one of those oh these colors look pretty and buy a couple of hanks and end up needing more..lol..

Leave a comment:

• gramma de
    replied
    Many times! I like to use plain for a background and cut for detail. There can be many variations

Leave a comment:

• sate_bo_hone
    replied
    I sometimes mix beads. Usually for an outline Ill use a size 12 seed and fill it in with a 13 cut or 12 tri cut. It usually comes out pretty good...i guess...lol

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    I have at times. I think it gives it a neet look to the piece.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Oh yeah. Remember in the late 80's when cuts were really hard to get? I was buying from Bear Hawk in those days and IRC they were selling half hanks, cause the Charlottes were so hard to get. I mixed a lot of seed beads in with cuts back then.

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    started a topic Mixing cut and seed beads

Mixing cut and seed beads

I do with my size 10/11 cuz it's so hard to find the cuts around here without paying $8 a hank.

But now all I can find is some blue, dark blue and green size 10. And I searched EVERYWHERE! (except my trunk)

So I'm wondering I should shell out some mega bucks for a few more colors, or just use them for a background where the cuts will be noticeable.

(And if anyone finds a Nike shoe box with some pink, purple, red and white cuts I'll be eternally grateful)

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X