All About Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Shoes

The Bata Shoe Company of Canada has created a fabulous website on shoes. Included in the site is a large display of First Nations moccasins, boots, mukluks, clothing and how they are made. They have a generous amount of reference material for those who are looking for styles and beading patterns for: The Athapaskans, Plains, The South West, Inuit and Alaskan peoples.

Grab a cuppa and settle in for a long browse as the site is very informative and interesting.

All About Shoes
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

This is some pretty neat reading and material :-) Thank you for sharing!
    I don't doubt anything, but I question everything
    All I know is what I do not know and will never know all of what I do not know.

2012 Powwows.com Princess :D

Comment

but it's kind of " your shoes defines who you are " nowadays :'( i miss the old days

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Usdigvhi
        To anyone researching Geneology for Appalachian Families...
        by Usdigvhi
        I leave Powwows.com for a while and come back and theres a new sub-forum that I'd like to participate in LOL

Anyway, I thought I would share a bit of things to anyone researching from my 10 long years of researching.

If your family is from Appalachia, and as far as you...
        03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
      • quicksilverwade
        Racism At The Ymca
        by quicksilverwade
        http://ishgooda.org/racial/ymca.htm

RACISM AT THE YMCA
        "INDIAN PRINCESS" AND GUIDE PROGRAM
        For those reading this page who are Native, no words need be written concerning the images and words on this page. We know, firsthand the knife pains of a plundered culture...
        01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
      • Historian
        Rubbing Out Long Hair
        by Historian

On 25 and 26 June 1876, the Lakota and Northern Cheyenne Peoples fought to defend their cultures against what was thought to be the most preeminent "Indian-fighting" unit in the United States Army. On 27 June 1876, the battlefield told a different story. To this day, the American...
        10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
      • Takin' Numbers
        PMU Foal Adoption
        by Takin' Numbers
        Save PMU Farm Foals!

PMU farms, which are mostly located in Canada and the Dakotas, collect the urine of pregnant mares, which they sell to pharmaceutical companies, for the manufacture of Premarin, PremPro, and similar hormonal medications.

The farmers sell the foals...
        08-26-2005, 10:58 AM
      • Siobhanni
        Etsy..Head Dresses
        by Siobhanni
        Omg I am both Shocked and to be honest feeling Sickened aswell and
        Angry..Because, I was looking for Handmade Custom Head Dresses/Head Bands for my Neices Wedding In June, as she is getting married in Greece, high up in a beautiful mountain,and I am Chief Bridesmaid and Lead Dancer ..Yep...I...
        04-03-2014, 11:05 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X