Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traditional womans yoke?

Hi,

I am researching whether it would be better to hire someone who knows what they are doing to make me a yoke for next summer or try it on my own. I need to find a omputer program that can digitize a picture into beads. Out of respect to my parents who have now passed on...I want them to be on the yoke. Does anyone have experience with this?
    Or I am looking for someone who has experience in making yokes. Will hire someone to do this. Please e-mail me with info.

Thank you

Donna
    Chow Meow

You are talking big bucks there Miss Donna , I have been working on my yoke for 3 months an will be lucky if it is done by April . This is a big job , You might check with Walilea or Black Bear . Myself I am working on mine , I have the yoke an crown to do . I wish you the best of luck . By the time I am done with my yoke an crown it will be well over $600. worth of material . So think on this an be aware this is not a cheap task.
    Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
    Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

An there is a great bead program on the market it is in most beading magazines its about 70.00 bucks an you can take anything an make it a bead design. I have not gotten it yet , lol my son is getting it for me for my birthday .. I will be a bead monsta then. LOL I am not suppose to know it tho ...never tell another child what you are getting mom they cant help but slip.

Comment

yeah but that bead program has to turn the pic into either brick, peyote , loom or right angle weave pattern... it's mostly for those that do the beaded "amulet" bags...not for freehand or applique. You need a good artist for that.. but don't ask me..I'm taking care of some personal stuff before I take on stuff for anyone else for awhile... and something that big. and detailed... darlin I would be charging you some big bucks...sorry.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

you know what I could do for you though.. make the pattern for an applique of your parents if you wanted to send me the pics.. I woudl'nt charge you a thing for that
          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Thats what I am saying Black Bear my yoke is very detailed an it will take at least 3 more months an that is being conservative. Something that personal I would want to do myself.

Comment

I just finished a yoke that has about two years worth of work in it. It is beaded in 13 0cuts and you are looking at least a job worth $1500.00. That does not include anything else. I know of a few people that can do this kind of job but it will be pricey.
              nabeader

Comment

Yep that is what I am saying I am not even half way there yet an mine is up to $600.

Comment

Blackbear..your addy is wrong

Hi, you e-mailed me and I tried to e-mail you back but it said unable to deliver message. So I am at a loss. I would appreciate your help. Anyones help.
                  I have another question. When you make your traditional yoke..is it more economical to do it on muslin or sew straight on to buckskin??? I am also wondering how to make the sides...like a jacket where it snaps together on the sides or just leave it open like my fabric yokes.
                  I am getting flustered...my first one and all.
                  Thanks all!
                  Chow Meow

Comment

Yu can try and contact my friend Janet Littlecrow at [email protected], she is full of great information and ideas. PS she made my regalia and it is in the gallery.Pm or email me for more info

Comment

Hm....it should'nt be wrong, but try emailing me at [email protected] and see what happens

Comment

Perhaps a good idea...

Your post got me thinking on how to get a photo onto graph(?) paper. You can upload your pic and you can break it up in sections, to where when its printed and put together ( sorta like a puzzle) it comes to be the needed size. Well, once you got the right sizing then you can print it out on graph paper and Voila! Maybe just faded it out a little so the lines show through.

Or you can keep the same concept and just print onto fabric (there is some really good ones out there for inkjet printers, some are just fabric and some have an adhesive.

Its late, hope that made sense, maybe some day when I have the time I'd take on a project like that. Best of luck :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X