Bugle Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugle Beads

Hay i'm in midst of doing something new to me. gunna be using bugles as a background color on pair of womens leggings. so before i make an order, how much bugles do i need for pair of leggings. im planning on using size 12 and 9 cuts for the outline and filler design. also , for leggings im beading on that stiffy felt like umm stabilizer and whats best to back it up with . i was thinking duck cloth but anything else that would hold up really good?

Just a guess, but I'm gonna say that a hank of size 3 bugle beads would cover about 7 square inches.

Remember that bugle beads have a sharper edge than seed beads and the metallic shiny ones get tarnished from the inside out when exposed to any moisture.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

hi

i did some research this was was after i posted this thread. i think for right now im just gunna stick to what i normally use for leggings. there was this one lady long long ago who made leggings for me outta mixture of bugles and cuts and i loaned them to a friend and well i bet by now there pretty well tarnished. but i thought at first they looked pretty snazzy . ill stick to my cuts and charlottes rather than fiddlin around with bugles. but ty for yar post and help.

Comment

you can use both bugle beads and seeds. just dont use the metallic ones or see thru ones. after a bit they do turn if used for hairties or necklaces. i have a friend who has a crown made out of both and she's had it over 13 yrs and still looks like new. it just depends on how you take care of your things i guess. but i do think it will be ok for leggings since it's not in the sun as much as other beadwork items. also another helpful item i use to avoid sun damage is a thin coat of clear nail polish after you are done. hope this helps and i hope you share a pic of the finished item.good luck
        "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
        -Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.