pellon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeannB View Post
    I NEED to! Right now I am need to get the beaded strips for Hubby's shirt done FIRST. And the garden wants tending, and I'm trying to get rid of winter's cobwebs, and I have two gallons of Jersey milk that need to be dealt with, and we haven't milked yet this morning...LOL!
    When I was a kid I would visit a cousin who married a man who had cows and I always enjoyd going around with him doing chores/ milking. Then we would head back in for a nice breakfast.
    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
      Have I ever mentioned I iron my beadwork ?? Sounds wierd I know but after I trim it out i press it . Makes it nice and flat and looks great!
      How does that affect the thread? If at all.
      "I'm learning to accept the things that are beyond my control,
      and working on improving the things that are." -RBTF

Comment

Originally posted by Itzhecatl View Post
        How does that affect the thread? If at all.
        Not at all, I watch my iron settings and place a dry washcloth in between while ironing.
        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
          Not at all, I watch my iron settings and place a dry washcloth in between while ironing.
          Sweet. I'll have to try that next time! Thanks.
          "I'm learning to accept the things that are beyond my control,
          and working on improving the things that are." -RBTF

Comment

If my stuff is too thin I glue layers together or glue a tracing to stiff felt. I've tried lots of materials and I keep coming back to stiff felt, tacky glue. I recently started backing with ultra suede though because I just love how it finishes! My state fair entry needed a large backing and it needed to be white white so I got the ultra suede. And you can get a needle through it so easily.. Which is awesome if you have carpal tunnel or arthritis. Makes edge beading a breeze!
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delila77 View Post
              k, i bought pellon from fabric store. this might be a ridiculus question but do i need to sandwich it when im beading on it. the material just seems so thin to me?
              This is my first post. I've been lurking for a while, but registered so I could let you know about the Pellon for beading. I just got some Pellon stabilizer at Walmart this week. You want the Pellon #926. It's called "extra firm" and is pretty sturdy. They have so many different kinds. I hope that helps for next time.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.