Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beadwork Design Question...do you design for bead size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork Design Question...do you design for bead size?

To clarify, if you are drawing up a design, do you make sure that spaces between say, two lines are going to fit for example, round numbers of rows of two needle flat stitch Czech 11/0 seed beads, so you don't get stuck with spaces that are half a row wide?

I'm dealing with lots of odd spaces in my design I'm having to get creative to fill with single beads or sideways beads, and I'm wondering if I should be planning this stuff out at the design stage. Or is the weird nooks and crannies stuff just part of the creative fun?

I'm really new to beading, so all of it's fun, but I'm always happy to hear about smarter ways to do stuff!

Originally posted by chickasaw604 View Post
    to clarify, if you are drawing up a design, do you make sure that spaces between say, two lines are going to fit for example, round numbers of rows of two needle flat stitch czech 11/0 seed beads, so you don't get stuck with spaces that are half a row wide? I'm dealing with lots of odd spaces in my design i'm having to get creative to fill with single beads or sideways beads, and i'm wondering if i should be planning this stuff out at the design stage. Or is the weird nooks and crannies stuff just part of the creative fun? I'm really new to beading, so all of it's fun, but i'm always happy to hear about smarter ways to do stuff!
    :) :) :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• delila77
      tricks of the trade so to speak...
      by delila77
      well tricks of the trade is a figure of speech,but im coming to a situation. i'm using cuts size 12 and 9 i'm experiencing more issues with straight lines. does anyone have any suggestions on keeping straight lines in beadwork? my ma always told me beadwork is never perfect because life isnt that way....
      05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
    • The Rat
      Are Delica Beads a Good Idea?
      by The Rat
      Long time since I've been able to post anything to Powwows :-)

I'm relatively new to beading, and have decided to fully bead my next fancy feather cape/apron/sidetab/cuff set. I'll be appliqueing [sp?] the entire thing because a.) the design is fairly intricate and b.) two-needle applique...
      10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
    • otoefawfawgirl
      Learning how to bead
      by otoefawfawgirl
      Hey all,
      I was just wondering if anyone knew of places online that teach you how to bead. I want to start beading my own leggings, boots, and jewelry for a buckskin dress I'm getting. I'm moving away from home, so I thought the internet would be the best way to go about learning.
      If anyone...
      08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
    • hummy
      In need for some nothern buckskin advice!!!!!!
      by hummy
      I was gifted a northern buckskin.It wasn't beaded just plain.Im having trouble Trying to figure out my design.I have my colors already.Does the cowl have to be fully beaded or just half? Also I Dont know how many kilos of beads to get.I need enough to bead my leggings mocs And hair Clips and ties.How...
      09-10-2005, 04:40 AM
    • savanalady
      Grassdancer Headband
      by savanalady
      I've designed a pattern for a headband that I'd like to make for my fiance. I've decided to do it in peyote flat stitch. I'm all ready, buuuut......I don't know where to get my beads. I went to Crazy Crow and I found German seed beads, italian, czech, etc, etc. I didn't realize there were so many types?...
      10-26-2008, 03:08 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X