Cheaters Applique.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaters Applique.

I was at Office Depot and I found the worlds coolest thing! It;s printable fabric. It's $14.00 Canadian per pack and there is about 6-7 sheets per pack.

It is essentially canvas with a heat-n-bond backing. With this, I drew out my design coloured it in nicely with markers/pencil crayons...and then scanned it with my scanner....shrunk it down to what size I needed, and then printed it off onto this printable fabric...

From there you iron it onto your leggings, crown, etc...and you can bead directly onto it...like an applique underlay...It is so easy, a lot less time consuming and complicated than fabric applique and you don't need to sew edges or anything. You can even iron it onto leather and do moccassins....

This way too...you can get right a movin on your beadwork...For me I have been heat-n-bonding fabric cutouts first onto canvas and to finish a cloth outfit base for my beadwork it takes like a month...This way, after I have the base it is literally a day before my outfits are ready to begin!!!

Anyone else try this??? Do it....it is sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A wise man once posted....

"those who give you grief can't stop the sun from rising or setting....the only one who can...made you the way you are...I'd say...He knows what He is doing...."

..."take care how you place your moccasins upon the earth. Step with care, for the faces of the future generations are looking up from earth waiting their turn for life."
    ~Chief Oren Lyons, Onondaga

NO FOOLIN??!!!

(sounds of Reez scampering off to Office Depot, hubby's credit card in hot little pawz)
    :Chatter

Comment

seriously..it works awesome. And then when you bead your image onto the canvas or whatever backing you use...you dont get that annoying color space in between rows of beads too because the colors are on the print.

Try it man....
      A wise man once posted....

"those who give you grief can't stop the sun from rising or setting....the only one who can...made you the way you are...I'd say...He knows what He is doing...."

..."take care how you place your moccasins upon the earth. Step with care, for the faces of the future generations are looking up from earth waiting their turn for life."
      ~Chief Oren Lyons, Onondaga

Comment

you can also find it in the craft/quilting section at walmart and probably for less
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

got any pics, sounds interesting to this Beading101 crafter.
          There are 2 types of people in the world...
          Really stupid people who think they are smart
          and
          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

cheekyrst, you just have all kindza tricks up your sleeve, dont' ya meet? *LOL* :p
            "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

That DOES sound like the coolest thing. I'll have to let some of my customers that like to do their own designs know about this. Hmmm. *putting this on my list to the SuperWalMart Santa*
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

I have several friends that have been doing something close to this for years. Difference is they just do it for rosettes and use plain white paper. they draw up their designs and color them then wonder under that to canvas...it adds some stiffness to the canvas too.

I have another friend that just paints all his rosettes, for bustle and the like, and does bother to even bead them. From a few feet away you can't tell the difference.
                PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

beader cheater

Sounds great! I hope you got some extra ink for the printer while you were at office depot. Anything that saves time I am all for it. I will try it on my next project (leggings). Thanks for posting the great idea. I will now go back to beading on my daughters cape. Here is a pic and hope it comes through ok.

d
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey D- beautiful work! Did you do all of your own beading on your own outfit? Nice lazy stitch!

Comment

beadwork

I did not want to take anything away from the post. However, if anyone is interested, my outfit was made by Michael Knapp kqdesigns.com Credit where credit is due. If you go to the site you will see Michael modelling my outfit

d

Comment

Re: beader cheater

Originally posted by dmoccasin
                        Sounds great! I hope you got some extra ink for the printer while you were at office depot. Anything that saves time I am all for it. I will try it on my next project (leggings). Thanks for posting the great idea. I will now go back to beading on my daughters cape. Here is a pic and hope it comes through ok.

d
                        OH MAN!! That's a pretty design!!!
                        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X