Step one cleaning and dyeing quills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wyat
    Rit Dye, Quills & Porky Hide
    by wyat
    I haven't done any quillwork in quite some time and storage space is limited so I'm selling off my quillwork stuff. I have 36 boxes of Rit Dye a porky hide and quills I have already pulled and some already dyed.

Rit Dye

Quills

Porky Hide
    01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
  • ballin_n_shawlin
    Dying Porcupine Quills
    by ballin_n_shawlin
    Anyone have any tips and/or suggestions? I've heard using "RIT dye" is great.

What about food coloring?? anyone try or do this before?? I'd imagine u could get some pretty cool colors this way...

i'm anxious to get started (since i learned how 2 do quillwork...
    01-07-2009, 03:22 PM
  • Michael Bootz
    Seperate quills from hair?
    by Michael Bootz
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought a porcupine hide and started plucking it yesterday. I cut off a piece of the hide (approx 1/3), soaked it and plucked the quills. Now I've got a large bowl that is filled with quills and all the hair that came off together with the quills while plucking....
    03-05-2007, 04:53 AM
  • firecloud
    Dying Quills using modern technics
    by firecloud
    Anybody use those store bought dyes to do dying of porcupine quills? My other question is how long do they need to sit in the bath of dye? And another question, do you have to use vinegar to set the color, reason i ask this cause my scrubs the ladies at the shop always say put 1/4 cup vinegar to help...
    07-29-2007, 01:20 PM
  • Ron S
    Porcupine Quills Poisonous?????
    by Ron S
    In a post in the Beading Forum, it is stated that you should not put porky quills in your mouth to soften as they contain a toxin. I have heard this once before, but can find no scientific evidence to support this claim. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

One theory I have...
    06-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X