Canvas for moccs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas for moccs

Does anyone think that instead of using leather for the uppers on a pair of moccs I could just use canvas. I mean sew my bead work burectly to th ecanvas and then stitch the uppers to the sole?

well I have heard of folks that have done exactly that, but I think most just cut their beadwork to fit the moccasin and stitch it down.. might be good to hear from someone who's done that.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I HAVE USED CANVAS FOR MY MOCS AND IT WORKS GREAT! I HAVE A PAIR THAT ARE 16 YEARS OLD AND ARE IN GOOD SHAPE. THEY HAVE BEEN WET AND DRIED SO MANY TIMES. YOU KNOW THOSE OUTDOOR POW WOWS!! IT IS GREAT BEADING THRU.

Comment

All Canvas is good for is beading on. They'll work just as well, but will not hold up nearly as long as leather. As far as keeping the water out... I'm more inclined to leather. If you are fast beader you can bead a pair of moccs in twice the time it'll take for you to do a pair of buckskin moccs done properly. Plus, if it is fully beaded then it's hard to tell the difference anyway...
        Last edited by Blackbear; 01-25-2004, 08:19 PM.
        ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

I've used canvas for mocs. It does work. You can go to JoAnn Fabrtics or Walmart and find it. Price wise itwill save you money. Then you can use the "saved" money for some nice cut beads.:$$$:

Comment

Nothing beads like good braintan. It is like butter. Commercial tan is tough. call me old fashined but why not..If you are going to use canvas, just get a pair of deck shoes. ...(next thing you know they will be sewing sequins on shawls)
            My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

but some folks do sew sequins on shawls
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Sequins, canvas where will it all end.....:(
                I wonder what those old ladies said when someone brought home the first glass beads? probably "Oh no... you got to use quills or it aint Indian."..:D
                My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

canvas

Call me old fashioned but I pefer brain tan leather for moccs. My 2 cents.

d

Comment

Originally posted by storm
                    I wonder what those old ladies said when someone brought home the first glass beads? probably "Oh no... you got to use quills or it aint Indian."..:D
                    :clapping:

Comment

Originally posted by storm
                      ROFLMAO!!! It won't end till everone is using flourescents and dancing under black lights hehehehe

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X