Tutorial on ribbonwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial on ribbonwork?

Anyone interested in doing one? PLEASE!!!! :)

~kelli
    If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Originally posted by n8tivechick
    Anyone interested in doing one? PLEASE!!!! :)

~kelli
    Watz yur question? Are you wantin to tutor ppl on how to do ribbon work or are ya asking the community if someone can tutor you on how to do ribbon work?? :rainbw: :h3:

Comment

Kelli, check the archives.. a year or two ago Paul did one and it should be there in the archives... I'll do one on applique when i'm all moved in and settled ok? but until then I don't have the resources around me to do one.
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Yes i meant someone else do it! LOL I suck at it. thanks blackbear, you are the queen of tutorials.. i still have the one about the crown making!

~Kelli

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

Oh Okay. Ummmm. What cha need help with? Little projects or BIG project? Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing what BLACK BEAR has to teach.... always willing ta learn new things.

Comment

well i just made my jingle dress with robon work on it and well it was my first try. I used wonder under and then sewed it. Turned out ok BUT i used wonderunder on the whole design instead of just the edges and well it is REALLY stiff and hard to bend. So now i have this huge design that covers the bottom of my skirt that looks pretty but i can't sit down in it because it doesn't bend. Eventually i will but zippers on both sides of the seams so i can un zip it and pul the flap up to sit, i know sounds complicated but i am NOT taking it apart! LOL that is why i would like to learn how to do it the right way. It doesn't matter what size project as long as i can use the technique for both large and small ones... Thanks for the help!

~Kelli

Comment

Here is the thread:
              http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=508
              New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by n8tivechick
                well i just made my jingle dress with robon work on it and well it was my first try. I used wonder under and then sewed it. Turned out ok BUT i used wonderunder on the whole design instead of just the edges and well it is REALLY stiff and hard to bend. So now i have this huge design that covers the bottom of my skirt that looks pretty but i can't sit down in it because it doesn't bend. Eventually i will but zippers on both sides of the seams so i can un zip it and pul the flap up to sit, i know sounds complicated but i am NOT taking it apart! LOL that is why i would like to learn how to do it the right way. It doesn't matter what size project as long as i can use the technique for both large and small ones... Thanks for the help!

~Kelli
                How thick of wonder under did you use????? I always have to put a stabilizer or a layer of muslin under my ribbonwork to make it stiff like that...
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

ummm... i didn't know it came in a thickness.. i just bought the kind that was double sided

~kelli

Comment

Hm... I think like heat and bond they have a heavy and a light.... what kinda material then?

Comment

satin

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X