Silverwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverwork

I need to find a set of armbands. I believe Crazy Crow and Nocbay sells them, but my arms are a bit large for what they sell. Does anyone make them for trade or know where I can purchase them?

Thanks,
    Jim

I've looked all over today, and I still haven't had any luck.

Comment

It's my understanding that Crazy Crow takes custom orders for silverwork items - did you call them and ask ? :)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

They're quite expensive for the simplicity of design that I want.

Comment

the design is'nt usually what costs you the money...the amount of silver and wieght does....If you are a big armed brother I feel for ya!
          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Maybe working out all these years wasn't such a good idea. ;) Just kiddin.

Comment

And, Crazy Crow is an option at a reasonable cost. I called for a quote yesterday.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I have seen some nice work on Issi Umsheid's table. He is with Two Pony's in OK. Frank Ward in the mid west is very good, but I am not sure how to reach him. I owe Black Bear an apology on this very subject. I mentioned Scott Hugebeck awhile back. I talked to his brother who told me Scott is not doing much silverwork nowadays. I bought a nice tie slide from a guy the was set up with Smitty at National. I am not much for addresses, but maybe I triggered someone else that can put you in touch. Rumor has it that PowWowBum49 is dipping into this artform. Once he gets comfortable with this, I would not be ashamed to wear his work. He is an excellent craftsman. He will do it right, or flat-out not do it.

Comment

Owe me an apology?? :dontknow: eek...sorry but I don't remember the conversation....LOL... so I suppose no apology necessary!! I agree though...once bum gets some stuff done I would'nt doubt it will be awesome first time out!
                    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

dang now I'm blushing.......( and your indorsement checks will be arriving soon )
                      PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

When it comes to silver, the man to call is Frank Ward. I've heard that he moved from the address that I have for him, so someone may have his new one. Scott Hugebeck does very pretty work but he stood me up on my last order so I couldn't ever recomentd him after that. If a craftsman takes an order, he should do the work and not just stall someone and put them off. Call Frank. It may cost a little more, but the results will be stunning and everybody will want to know where you got those beautiful armbands!!!:Thumbs

Comment

Thanks. If I had some contact info, I'd look into it.

Comment

Scott Hugebeck

SHand, maybe you should contact Scott. He has done a lot of silverwork for me in the past but due to some serious health problems has been unable to take orders.

I know the man and don't think he is apt to "stiff" anyone.
                            Pony

Comment

Jim
                              If you have a jewelry supplyer or art supply dealer in the area, or want to know how to make your own, I'll try to explain it on-line for you. You can get a sheet of metal for about $15, out of that you can get Big armbands. If you want to make your own e-mail me.
                              kickin'itup

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X