• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n8tivechick
    Jinglin fool...
    • Jun 2000

I need you all's opinion!

OK....... i want to know something.. i really don't know how to do ribbon work so i have an idea. you know how you can buy stitch witchery (double sided) by the yard? Well i was thinking of buying fabric ribbons like an inch wide and making then in a V pattern and overlapping then ironing it too the stich witchery, cut it out once ironed then iron it onto my material then use a fancy stitch on the edges.... you think that would look ok?

-Kelli
    If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!
  • Blackbear
    Honey Connoissuer
    • Nov 2000

LOL I think that is how it is done applique style Kelli... but first iron the stitch witchery to the ribbon BEFORE you cut the ribbon...makes it easier to cut first of all..and the paper backing on the stitch witchery is easy to draw on so you know where to cut and then the edges won't fray as easily...after you cut the ribbon, BEFORE you peel off the backing, take a small brush and use it to apply a small amount of fray check just to the very edge where you cut the ribbon...this also prevents future fraying. The stitch you would want to use to tac it down will be a small and close together zig zag.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• n8tivechick
      Jinglin fool...
      • Jun 2000

wow! i did applique? i am soo proud of myself!!! LOL

thanks for the advice blackbear!
      -Kelli
      If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X