Best Crafting Disasters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Crafting Disasters!

Ok, so I remember reading this post a while back about a guy who spilled leather dye in his lap and dyed his...you know what...black. OMG, I laughed till it hurt! So that inspired me to ask about your best crafting disaster. I know you've got some. Please share!
    sigpic

See my trading post ads
    See my photo gallery
    See walela49's myspace page

I have actually glued all my fingers together on one hand before and many times sewn myself to my beadwork..skin, not just clothing!
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

i haven't really done anything too bad well knowing i'm only on my second project (shawl) yeah the worst thing was i was cliping feathers and almost choped off part of my finger lol

he really dyed his stuff black?????ROFLOL that is sooo flippin' funny
      WHO I AM

Comment

Ok, besides the occasional flesh offering, I think the worst for me personally is when I sewed my hair into a project (once while beading and once while quilting), I've learned to keep it braided from now on.

Comment

ok, that's funny...one of the many blessings of long hair!

and as for the black junk guy...I'm gonna have to go through the archives and see if I can find his story again...cuz it's definitely worth reading!
          sigpic

See my trading post ads
          See my photo gallery

Comment

Now I've got one better, my other half just glued his hand to the TV remote! I had to go to the bedroom to type this it's just too funny. LOL

Comment

you sure he did'nt do it on purpose??? I know my man likes to have control of his "scepture of power" Rofllmao!
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I'm not having any luck finding the post about the black-dye-in-the-lap-guy....boohoo.

And I'm straining by brain trying to think of my disasters...all I can come up with is when I poked a big fat embroidery needle all the way thru my thumb and out the nail (eye end with sinew threaded thru it...)YYYYYYEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW!
                sigpic

See my trading post ads
                See my photo gallery

Comment

only one i can think of is when i was doing the earrings for that orange set i jus finished... I was really getting in a hurry to finish up the set and somehow.. i ended up making the birds both going in the same direction.. didn't even catch it until the bird was done.. soo that's why there is also a pair of barrettes with that set..LOL.. gah.. I sure felt dumb..

Comment

Originally posted by walela49
                    ...all I can come up with is when I poked a big fat embroidery needle all the way thru my thumb and out the nail (eye end with sinew threaded thru it...)YYYYYYEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW!

OMG I'm over here cringing!!! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang I know that had to hurt! Reminded me of when I slammed my finger in a locked car door... Blood everywhere. I had to wait until someone came with keys to unlock it.
                    SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

One time I was showing my son how to carve. I told him never take your eyes off of what you are doing, I was looking at him and the blade went all the way in my leg. his eyeballs almost popped out of his head. he freaked out, ran inside told his mom I cut my leg off.

Comment

Oh I feel for ya!! Don't you just love being the example set for your kid of what kind of accidents can happen????

Comment

Originally posted by Lipan ndn
                          One time I was showing my son how to carve. I told him never take your eyes off of what you are doing, I was looking at him and the blade went all the way in my leg. his eyeballs almost popped out of his head. he freaked out, ran inside told his mom I cut my leg off.

Dont ya love it when you can prove to your child about why they should listen to you? lol Reminds me of this americas funniest home video of this dad that was biking with his kid while video taping him. He told his son to stop because someone was pulling out of theyre drive way ,,, and while theyre waiting the neighbor pulls out and hits the dad while the tape is rolling. lol bet the insurance company loved that. lol
                          Last edited by Sparklebeadz; 05-09-2005, 04:02 AM.
                          I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

LOL
                            "best crafting disasters" has turned into "most gutwrenching disasters"
                            LOL
                            sigpic

See my trading post ads
                            See my photo gallery

Comment

Tales of a seamstress

I have two disasters and one really funny near disaster

My first disaster was....

I was sewing up a jingle dress for a friend.....all the fabric and cones were getting in the way.....anyway i ended breaking my sewing machine needle thru my finger......i had three peices of needle in my finger with no blood on the dress

My second was.....

about 5 years ago....I was beading a vest for my dad.....I loved to drink Pepsi while working and watching TV.....well, wouldn't you know it....i knocked over my pepsi.....inot the container of beads an on the beadwork......I now put my drinks far from my beadwork

and the funny one

I'm famous in my family for going on a sewing frenzy before a pow wow.....anyway.....i was sewing a shawl and skirt for my sister.....My neice decided that she was going to play with the foot of my machine while i had my fingers near the needle....all of a sudden my machine starts sewing without my foot.......I jumped and looked under the table.....there she was.......lucky me.....no sewing the finger to the shawl
                              www.myspace.com/dakota_giftedgal

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X