• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetgrass Jewlery

How in the world do you make it?

-Kelli
    If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

with sweetgrass :Naughty
    jk,., I dunno..... (just trying to make some powwow points here so I can change my avitar)
    NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

Is there any place on the net that sells sweetgrass jewelry. Someplace that you could look at it and see what it looks like. I would think that it is braided or macromed like hemp.
      "Tell me friend, you who dwells in the dark and the deep, How may I venture unafraid, into the dark world of half death"

Comment

I don't know either - but have seen a sweet grass spreader -- talk about awesome. I would think it is a matter of weaving and braiding but not sure -- haven't tried to figure it out yet.

Comment

i have seen people that braid that moisten the sweetgrass- braid it..use a clip to hold it in the posistion you want it in- while it dries, and then sew it (hidden stitches- under the braids) or hot glue it- to a barrete or something..that probably didnt help..but hey what teh heck..:D

Comment

Like Jewelery???

Jewelery? Jewelery?
            ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
            ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
            *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

My parents own a basket given to them by a friend at their wedding. It was weaved with sweet grass. Truly a beautiful piece of work.
              "Tell me friend, you who dwells in the dark and the deep, How may I venture unafraid, into the dark world of half death"

Comment

ok so i guess no one knows how!

~kelli
                If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

i never seen it done but you have just gave me a big idea at i think grey owl crafts.com they are having last years stock of sweetgrass sale i think 20 braids for 5 dollars soaking them and makin barcelets alklets hair thingies w/ fringe and beaded drops and a feather would be cool mabe even sew small pockets to a trade shirt or ribbion shirt sleve and place the tips of the braid of sweet grass in the pockets and secure it to your arm w/ a tie of ribbion or some silver arm band hoping that the braid will not break or fall out... thx for the brain fart

Comment

yes, i like the idea of placing a few braids of sweet grass wraped around your drum but not dangling (it makes me smile). i hope this doesnt change the pitch of the drum. i also like the idea of attaching a braid of sweet grass to a sheild, one braid wraped/arched at the top mabe hang small eagle fluff or hawk feathers from the bottom of the braid.

Comment

Originally posted by redstone_on_warpath
                      thx for the brain fart
                      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

did u like that when i said brain fart?? lol

"we were here 1st" -Geronimo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X