Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied

Originally posted by redstone_on_warpath
    thx for the brain fart

Leave a comment:

• redstone_on_warpath
    replied
    yes, i like the idea of placing a few braids of sweet grass wraped around your drum but not dangling (it makes me smile). i hope this doesnt change the pitch of the drum. i also like the idea of attaching a braid of sweet grass to a sheild, one braid wraped/arched at the top mabe hang small eagle fluff or hawk feathers from the bottom of the braid.

Leave a comment:

• redstone_on_warpath
    replied
    i never seen it done but you have just gave me a big idea at i think grey owl crafts.com they are having last years stock of sweetgrass sale i think 20 braids for 5 dollars soaking them and makin barcelets alklets hair thingies w/ fringe and beaded drops and a feather would be cool mabe even sew small pockets to a trade shirt or ribbion shirt sleve and place the tips of the braid of sweet grass in the pockets and secure it to your arm w/ a tie of ribbion or some silver arm band hoping that the braid will not break or fall out... thx for the brain fart

Leave a comment:

• n8tivechick
    replied
    ok so i guess no one knows how!

~kelli

Leave a comment:

• warhoop
    replied
    My parents own a basket given to them by a friend at their wedding. It was weaved with sweet grass. Truly a beautiful piece of work.

Leave a comment:

• Red_Passion49
    replied
    Like Jewelery???

Jewelery? Jewelery?

Leave a comment:

• hiawatha_49
    replied
    i have seen people that braid that moisten the sweetgrass- braid it..use a clip to hold it in the posistion you want it in- while it dries, and then sew it (hidden stitches- under the braids) or hot glue it- to a barrete or something..that probably didnt help..but hey what teh heck..:D

Leave a comment:

• luvstraightdancrs
    replied
    I don't know either - but have seen a sweet grass spreader -- talk about awesome. I would think it is a matter of weaving and braiding but not sure -- haven't tried to figure it out yet.

Leave a comment:

• warhoop
    replied
    Is there any place on the net that sells sweetgrass jewelry. Someplace that you could look at it and see what it looks like. I would think that it is braided or macromed like hemp.

Leave a comment:

• eagleclan22
    replied
    with sweetgrass :Naughty
    jk,., I dunno..... (just trying to make some powwow points here so I can change my avitar)

Leave a comment:

• n8tivechick
    started a topic Sweetgrass Jewlery

Sweetgrass Jewlery

How in the world do you make it?

-Kelli

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.