Singers / Drummers Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singers / Drummers Chairs

Well as fall has rapidly creapt up on us and as I am getting bigger by the day with baby #3 I am finding that I need more to do..no, I'm kidding but I do need someone to explain to me how to make the chairs that our singers and drummers frequently sit upon- those with the Pendelton material upon what looks like a card table chair....my dad comments upon them at each dance we go to and he can nop longer sit in a folding bag chair so I am planning to make a minimum of one chair this fall and winter before the baby comes. Anyone that has any instructions or can provide guidance I sure would appreciate it. I got my sister in laws aunt to pick me up 2 yards of a beautiful Pendleton print while she was on vacation so I am anxious to see what I can't do...Thanks again!!
    OP1
    OrangePridendnds1
    "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
    Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
    ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
    Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Most of those folding chairs have screws in the back and underneaath them that hold the cushion on.

take the screws out, wrap, staple and trim the fabric and than screw them back on.

make sure the chairs have the screw backs before you buy them
    There are 2 types of people in the world...
    Really stupid people who think they are smart
    and
    Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

I bought my chairs at Walmart, took the screws off the backs and bottoms, covered them with Pendleton fabric, stapled the material on, then rescrewed the backs back on. Gave them to some singers when I had my giveaway. You might trace a template to use if you're going to do more chairs.

Comment

You can also add a little extra padding or foam to them before covering them.
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Got 8 chairs and 1 folding stool.....

Well, I scoured the garage sales this past weekend- Thursday and Friday to be exact and ended up with :

1 chair & 1 table - $3.00
          3 chairs & 1 table - $ 8.00
          set of 4 chairs - $20.00
          1 totally awesome folding stool - $7.00
          extra padding - $1.00

So the set with the 1 chair and the set with the 3 chairs are going to be my best bets on the chairs rigth now. all have screw off backs and bottoms so I will be able to reupholster them pretty easily. Hubby is going to paint the chairs metal one with black for sure and another with a great red to go with the material and now I am on the prowl for bargain priced Pendleton material and blankets to do the remainder of the chairs. Really excited about the folding stool too bc hubby wanted that to sit on while he is getting dressed..it is in really good shape as well but I am going to redo it to and he will get to open that on Christmas Day. Wish me luck!!!
          Thanks too for all the advice and input! Feel free to offer more if yo want!
          OP1
          OrangePridendnds1
          "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
          ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.

Comment

Wow, that's a good idea. I don't get out much and haven't seen the Pendleton covered folding chairs before. But I have some chairs to reupholdster so I'm on the look out for good Pendleton chair covering (old blanket).

It would be a good idea to spray your seats with ScotchGuard or something similar when you're done. I did that to one of my Pendleton bags and it was WAY WORTH IT!!!
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

More chairs but no material

Well, hubby is thrilled because I found another set of 4 chairs this weekend at a garage sale for $3.00 so I had to get them....I have enough material to do some of the chairs and aside from buying brand new blankets to cut up and cover teh chairs I don't have enough material....I have been watching ebay to see what they have and the choices have been good but my pocket book is pretty bare so any ideas???? I thought about going to estate sales but they are typically overpriced and I'm not sure about the pawn shops here as compared to Oklahoma....
              OrangePridendnds1

Comment

Pendleton material and new blankets are SCADS on ebay.

Check the pawn shops.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

HEY, don't forget to post a pic.. I want to see what one looks like!
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangepridendns1
                    Well, hubby is thrilled because I found another set of 4 chairs this weekend at a garage sale for $3.00 so I had to get them....I have enough material to do some of the chairs and aside from buying brand new blankets to cut up and cover teh chairs I don't have enough material....
                    I have seen some heavier fleeces at fabric stores here in Kentucky which have some very nice horses, etc on them. I think it would be as sturdy as Pendleton and it was about $8 for 36" X 80" (I made a BIG 2-layered blanket for under $40). Obviously that defeats the purpose of having Pendleton chairs, but they would at least be covered, comfortable, and usable.
                    A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.