X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamie1980
    replied
    Plumes

What I've seen is make a pocke at the top of the Barrett.sew around the Barrett in till you get to the top but make the pocket big enough to fit your feather or plumes.that way you can use two mettle baguettes and slide them in your hair.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Ladies I bet you like this idea!!!

What I do is when i make a barrett I put another barrett towards the top it is just for hair feathers ,it is put in just like the hair barrett only it is used for your hair feathers ive even modified other barretts of mine by putting the slits in an feeding in a hair barrett and i like it veery much my plumes are just as snug at the end of a dance as ther were when i first put em in!!!

Leave a comment:

• Czechy
    replied
    My plumes are attached to a single stick. My hair is thick so I can't clip it along with my hair. So I put the plume stick between the metal clip part and the beadwork of the barrette itself. I make a slit in the backing leather a bit below the top of the barrette. The slit is just big enough to slide in the plume stick. If the barrette is small or narrow, then I make another slit at the lower edge of the barrette so that the bottom of the plume stick comes out there. This method has held up for me even in the strongest wind. Hope this makes sense.....

Leave a comment:

• LiLT206
    replied
    heres my idea: if you still can put a clip in your barrette and jus snap in the plumes. or heres what i do: when you clip in your barrette slide your feathers in with it. if its some other kind of barrette.... i unno

Leave a comment:

• turtlespirit86114
    replied
    My boyfriend attached his sisters plume to the barret with sinew. Whenever you want to take it off just cut the sinew. Her plume does not move at all.
    Last edited by turtlespirit86114; 02-24-2006, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ma-heench
    replied
    My plumes have always been attached to coat hanger wire in a U shape. Then I just pin them in with whichever hairbarrette I am wearing.

Leave a comment:

• paintedsun22
    replied
    How do you make fake plumes???

Leave a comment:

• rodond
    replied
    try putting little strip of velcro on each side of the clip on the back slide the end of the plume in between and lock them in

Leave a comment:

• n8tivechick
    replied
    Ok.. No advice? I find that hard to believe... Come on guys... A little help here?
    ~kelli

Leave a comment:

• n8tivechick
    started a topic Plume attachments?

Plume attachments?

Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this... I made a couple of thoes faux plumes and I am not sure how to attach them to my barettes and not permenantly... I want to use them with all of my barettes... Can anyone help me?

~Kelli

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X