making a new jingle dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a new jingle dress

help making my dauther a new jingle dress how is the best way to put the jingles on? do you sew on the bias tapefirst or put the jingle on the bias tape then sew them on

Jingles:

I sew on just the top side of the ribbon on the dress, then I put the jingles where I want them, put the one side of bias coming out if the jingle, up into the ribbon, then pin it. Then sew the other side of the ribbon down. Is this confusing, or does this help?

Comment

Yep, that's what I usually do too.

So string your jingles first. And I've been finding more and more that it pays to use double folded bias and zigzag the edge. Tie a good knot, string the jingle and crimp the end.

Then you can sew them on like described above. I have a friend who sews her jingles in double folded bias tape and then sews the bias tape on the dress.

For a couple complicated dresses, I marked where each jingle should go and the direction it should lay. Then I sewed them on, and covered the edges with ribbon afterwards.

At the bottom of hems I like to use a hem facing and catch the jingle in the seam at the bottom so it hangs straight down.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X