Are you ready? What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready? What's next?

The Pow Wow Shop is now open, so we have a way to sell crafts online.

Where do we want money to go?
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

What?? Huh?? Is this the charity craft thingy?

Did you get very much at Christmas time for the Native American Scholarship fun? (I was tapped out and didn't get to contribute.:( ) Did you ever think about doing your own powwows.com scholarship?

Maybe even just for the students registered here at PWS.

Maybe for a strong "B" student.

Maybe donate a computer to a needy PWS chatter?? (jks)
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

We did raise $200 for the fund raiser.

People were talking before Christmas of donating crafts that would be sold in the Pow Wow Shop. The proceeds would then be donated.

So do we still want to do that?? Do people have some things to donate?

Where should the money go?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I think we should start small with selling crafts. I don't know right now that we would raise enough money to have an ongoing scholarship.

However, I'm open to ideas about what to do with the money. Whether it goes straight to a Charity or we use it to buy someone a computer or other needed items is ok.

That would make it somewhat more complicated. How would the project get promoted? How would people apply? Who decides on the applications?

I don't know that I want to become a charitable organization giving out money to individuals?!?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Oh OK. It was just a thought.

My honey and I will donate something. Do we mail them to you or what?

Maybe you could donate to a different charity every month, and proceeds from items sold that month could go to the next charity on the list. Or are you thinking about just sticking with one? That would be easier.

Off topic ;) : could I send you a money order for a powwows.com cap? I don't have credit on my credit card.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
            Oh OK. It was just a thought.

My honey and I will donate something. Do we mail them to you or what?

Maybe you could donate to a different charity every month, and proceeds from items sold that month could go to the next charity on the list. Or are you thinking about just sticking with one? That would be easier.

Off topic ;) : could I send you a money order for a powwows.com cap? I don't have credit on my credit card.
            Yes, you can send them to me. I'll PM you my address.

And yes, you can send me a check or MO.

Thanks!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I'm just now getting into my beading groove. I'll try to get something submitted. Seen a very cool rosette bracelet i wanna make!!!
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Anyone else out there ready or getting close to sending in crafts?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Getting close.....
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

OK, I'm gonna steal one of my honey's keychains and mail it in. (He'll never miss it)

JOKES. He's donating it willingly!!

OK, who's next?
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

things are going slowly... sorry. I don't have anything ready.
                      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Here's a suggestion-

How about using the money made to purchase fabric and other things needed for parents that want their children to start dancing? I'm sure there are some parents out there that maybe can't afford to make outfits for their children and would benefit greatly from a contibution of outfit making materials.

It could be a great way to give back. And if it is well thought out and organized this could be a blessing to many families. And a great oppurtunity for youth who otherwise might not be able to dance. What do you guys think? It could happen!:)

Comment

Good idea... :Thumbs

I noticed in another thread that people said they would rather give their old dance clothes away to someone that needed them and would use them in a good way, than sell them. Maybe we could have an exchange for people to donate and others that could use them.
                          Only thing is.. how can we regulate something like that to keep things going in a good way?
                          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

If we put our heads together we could come up with something. And if one way doesn't work we'll just try another.:D

Comment

How are things coming?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X