fringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fringe

which do you like best for fringes on shawls- ribbon or chainette ?
    which is easiest to care for?

Ribbon and Ribbon. Doesn't snag or fade as easy as chainette. Cheaper, and faster to put on. Shows nice colors, too.

But I'm tieing on chainette for the shawl I'm gonna make for my mother. I think I like chainette better for traditional dancer's shawls.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

I think ribbon is a lot better than chainette. You get to put as many colors as you want and the shawl looks so full and pretty.

Comment

I would go for the ribbon, 1/4 inch looks great:)

Comment

Shawl Fringe

I Love Ribbon, because it's easy to wash and it lays nice and flat...but for tradish outfitits, flat fringe is nice too...it's a little mroe expensive, but nice. Ribbon is my choice cause you can add lots of nice colors, without overdoing it, and it's nice and full when spinning...hard to get good ribbon though..1/4" for good colors anyhow...just my opinion! :)
          Tanksida

Comment

Where do you get your ribbon from? I get it @ Joannes and it is 2/$1...definately not cheaper than chainette. I can get that whole long spool of chainette for $16. Do you know a cheaper place to buy from?

Originally posted by wyo_rose
            Ribbon and Ribbon. Doesn't snag or fade as easy as chainette. Cheaper, and faster to put on. Shows nice colors, too.

But I'm tieing on chainette for the shawl I'm gonna make for my mother. I think I like chainette better for traditional dancer's shawls.

Comment

fringe

Try mjtrim.com they have all kinds of kool stuff...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadaquate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."
              "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Originally posted by eap7
                Where do you get your ribbon from? I get it @ Joannes and it is 2/$1...definately not cheaper than chainette. I can get that whole long spool of chainette for $16. Do you know a cheaper place to buy from?
                Well, spools go for a lot more than that around here. And chainette by the yard is even more.

I look around and buy all over to get good color variety. WalMart has it for about 44cents. I got some at Hobby Lobby for 25cents. Joanne's has it on sale every once in awhile 33cents, I think. I'll even buy some for 55 cents at my local Alco if I like the color.

Dat1NdnGuy: Thanks, I think I'll check out mjtrim.com. I'm looking for single faced ribbon for ribbon shirts.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

I also like the 1/4 " ribbon. I get my spools at JoAnn's on sale. They have specials often enough that I can usually wait for the next one. Then the price is 3 or 4 spools for a dollar. Sign up to get on their free mailing list for advance notice of sales.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X