Seeking info about material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking info about material

I just bought some confetti material and wanted to know what to use to appliqué it. Do I use Heat-n-bond and/or WonderUnder, and do I cover the material with a separate cloth that way I don't melt the actual confetti? Please email me your info to: [email protected]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no wonder under, no heat and bond, no IRONING...it will make all the confetti dots fall off...and when you wash it..wash it cold and hang dry...

You might want to try a water disolveable spray adhesive... ask about it at Joannes fabrics cause I don't think that Walmart carries it...and if JOannes don't have it..call your nearest quilting store.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

What's confetti material? Is it similar to the sequin stuff?
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Confetti material is when there are little round metallics on a stretchy or satin based material.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no wonder under, no heat and bond, no IRONING...it will make all the confetti dots fall off...and when you wash it..wash it cold and hang dry...

You might want to try a water disolveable spray adhesive... ask about it at Joannes fabrics cause I don't think that Walmart carries it...and if JOannes don't have it..call your nearest quilting store.
          calm down ladies.....hehe....there is a way to do it.....u wuse the wonder under or heat n bond lite.....when u make your sedign....n want to iron it on the sequin or confeti material....just place a peice of paper( prefurably the back part of the heat n bond or wonder under) and then trun the iron setting on silk or satin....b4 u take the paper off after ironing.....just give the paper a lil scratch n wah lah...u now have nice appliqué work..its done....no lost sequins or confeti...easy as that......and if that dont work...then your iron heat is to high.....newayz try it n get back to me.....cuz I know it will work..I do it all the time
          :NoNo Cant win all the time

~ If I told you I loved you, would u hold me in your arms so tight, If I told you I loved you, Would you be mine, mine for ever ~

~ U may shoot me with your words, U may cut me with your eyes, U may kill me with your hatefulness, BUT STILL LIKE AIR I'LL RISE ~

Comment

hmm...will have to try that out.... thanks!
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Yep, I agree with Backup_singa. Use wonder-under with your iron set a little cooler. And save a big piece of the paper off the wonder under and cover your fabric with it.

If any sequins come off, they can be put in place and ironed back on. Ask me how I know.:Chatter :Chatter
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Agree... to me the paper is as valuable as the stuff itself!! I also keep it to press wrinkles out after it is all put together and finds its way under alot of stuff that is packed in the powwow pony! Most motels offer an iron now so just in case!! ;)
                "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

good tip, thanks backup! I have always been afraid to applique the confetti dot material because of that. I was always using plain neon materials for my applique work cause the dots would fall off on me. Thanks for the tip. Im gonna try it this week :)

R.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.