Macaw Fans????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macaw Fans????

I have been seeing a lot of fans recently made out of macaw feathers. Although they are beautiful and the feathers are readily available.....Is it proper to use these feathers when making regalia? What is everyones opion on this?
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

what style of dance are you talking about

Comment

WHy would it not be proper? It's all up to you on what you want to dance with. PS I make fans,check them out in the galleries, under crafts>then misc.

Comment

macaw fans!

Some tribes-nations can't carry a macaw fan, especially women.
        this is all i have to say

Comment

I think macaw fans are beautiful. I love the colors. I just noticed I've been seeing alot of them lately. Not at any Powwows yet, but I'm up north so maybe that's why. I dance tradish and my wife dances cloth. I was just curious as to what everyones opinion is on these colorful fans.
          The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.

Comment

I love macaw fans, they are absolutely gorgeous. I wouldnt mind getting a hold of one of these fans :)

R.

Comment

I have built over 400 macaw fans in the last 30 years and they are very proper to use in the dance arena. All one needs to do is hang out around museums in Oklahoma to find that macaw feathers have been used historically and are a common occurance in and around the dance arena.
              nabeader

Comment

nabeader, do you ever make it up to the northern part of the state?

Comment

I travel a lot. My beadwork classes that just finished were in Texas. I kind of travel where ever there is a good dance.
                  nabeader

Comment

:JawDrop THOSE ARE AWESOME FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Patrick Scott is a great person and good friend! He does great work and takes alot of pride in what he does. He made this one for me!
                      Attached Files
                      Life is more than what we see...

Comment

Wow luv, that fan is hella slick! I like it!
                        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Luvlum..anyway you can make that pic bigger and repost??? I am LOVING what I am seeing and just NEED to have a closer look!!
                          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Hey straightdancerinaz -- I know where you went after you left Patrick's living room!!!
                            ;)

We leave Thursday a.m. I'm supposed to be picking the "boy from up north" up at the airport. I hope he's got some of those photos with him. I'd love to take a look at them again.
                            Pony

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.