need help with leggings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with leggings

I want to make some beaded leather leggings. What is the best way to have them stay on? A drawstring at the top or what?

I was thinking maybe put those little metal gromettes up the side and then lace them like a boot. Would that be too weird?

I don't think that would be weird, sounds like a good idea to me:) PM Singing Otter, she has some good stuff on how to make leggings on the sewing machine if you like;)

Comment

In my opinion, lacing the leggings up through a series of holes would be too much work. You don't want the ties to show anyway. There are a couple of easier ways to do it. One way is to sew your leggings into a tube that will slip over your feet. Then tie a shoestring or leather lace around the legging under your knees to hold them up. If the tie is wide, like maybe .5 inch then it won't cut into your circulation as much and leave marks on your skin. The other way to wear leggings is to add some stiff fabric to the backs of your leggings so that they stand up by themselves without having to be tied on. In this case, you can either sew the leggings permanently shut or fasten the sides with velcro, zippers or small leather ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechy
        The other way to wear leggings is to add some stiff fabric to the backs of your leggings so that they stand up by themselves without having to be tied on. In this case, you can either sew the leggings permanently shut or fasten the sides with velcro, zippers or small leather ties.
        I suggest any one of these ways. And if you use small leather ties, it's good to have 4, or 3 spaced closer to the middle.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thank you all very much for your suggestions. Czechy- I saw the pics you posted in the gallery, your work is gorgeous. My leggings won't be fully beaded, just a couple of flowers on the front. I think I will go with the ties at the side and a good lining.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.